Tanium Cloud is a self-monitored service, designed to detect failures before the failures surface to users. For more information, see Tanium Cloud Deployment Guide: Troubleshooting Tanium Cloud.
To collect and send information to Tanium for troubleshooting, collect logs and other relevant information.
The information is saved as a ZIP file that you can download with your browser.
- From the Reputation Overview page, click Help , then the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Create Package.
A reputation-support.[timestamp].zip file downloads to the local download directory.
- Contact Tanium Support to determine the best option to send the ZIP file. For more information, see Contact Tanium Support.
Tanium Reputation maintains logging information in the reputation-service.log file in the <Module Server>\services\reputation-service directory.
The basic Reputation shared service uninstallation is designed so that the data you have collected is restored if you later decide to reinstall Reputation. In some cases, you might want to start "clean" and not restore the data. To do this, you must manually remove some files.
Consult with Tanium Support before you uninstall or reinstall Reputation.
Uninstall Reputation so data is restored on reinstall
- Sign in to the Tanium Console as a user with the Administrator role.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
- In the Content section, select the Reputation row and click Uninstall.
- Review the summary and click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation.
- When prompted to confirm, enter your password.
If you later import the Reputation shared service, the previous data is restored.
Uninstall Reputation so you start fresh when you reinstall
- Uninstall Reputation so data is restored on reinstall.
- Manually delete the <Module Server>\services\reputation-files\ directory.
Deleting the reputation-files directory removes all existing Reputation data. All logs, output, the Reputation database, and any other Reputation data is deleted. If you later import the Reputation shared service, the previous data is not restored.
Contact Tanium Support
To contact Tanium Support for help, sign in to https://support.tanium.com.
Last updated: 5/30/2023 12:03 PM | Feedback