To collect and send information to Tanium for troubleshooting, collect logs and other relevant information.
The information is saved as a ZIP file that you can download with your browser.
- From the ProductName home page, click Help , then the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Collect.
A reputation-support.[timestamp].zip file downloads to the local download directory.
- Attach the ZIP file to your Tanium Support case form or send it to your TAM.
Tanium Reputation maintains logging information in the reputation-service.log file in the \Program Files\Tanium\Tanium Module Server\services\reputation-service directory.
The basic Reputation shared service uninstallation is designed so that the data you have collected is restored if you later decide to reinstall Reputation. In some cases, you might want to start "clean" and not restore the data. To do this, you must manually remove some files.
Consult with your TAM before you uninstall or reinstall Reputation.
- Sign into the Tanium Console as a user with the Administrator role.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- In the Tanium Solutions section, select the Reputation row and click Uninstall Solution.
- Review the summary and click Proceed with Uninstall.
- When prompted to confirm, enter your password.
If you later import the Reputation shared service, the previous data is restored.
Uninstall Reputationso you start fresh when you reinstall
- Uninstall Reputation so data is restored on reinstall.
- Manually delete the \Program Files\Tanium\Tanium Module Server\services\reputation-files\ directory.
Deleting the reputation-files directory removes all existing Reputation data. All logs, output, the Reputation database, and any other Reputation data is deleted. If you later import the Reputation shared service, the previous data is not restored.
Last updated: 6/21/2019 4:54 PM | Feedback