Verifying the installation
Log into the Tanium™ Console to verify proper communication among deployment components:
- Successful installation of Tanium™ content packs verifies communication with content.tanium.com.
- Successful installation of Tanium™ Interact verifies communication between the Tanium™ Server and Module Server.
- Successful registration by Tanium™ Clients verifies communication with clients.
- From a web browser, open the Tanium Console URL. The Tanium Console URL has the following form:
- Log in with the administrator username and password you set when you ran the installation wizard.
When you first log into the Tanium™ Console, it automatically initiates the following actions:
- Imports the Initial Content
- Basecontent pack. The Initial Content packs include the sensors, packages, saved questions, and dashboards that are essential for getting started with Tanium.
- Imports the Client Maintenance content pack. The Client Maintenance pack includes the sensors, packages, actions, and saved questions that are used to perform hygiene checks on Tanium Clients.
- Imports the Tanium™ Interact workbench. The Interact workbench includes the user interface for questions and results.
Go to the Tanium Console info page (https://<fqdn>/info) and search for Module Count. It should list the remote Module Server. If it lists 127.0.0.1, it is using the local Module Server, and you must revisit the steps you took to install the Tanium Server and remote Module Server.
Install the Tanium Client Deployment Tool (CDT) and use it to deploy the Tanium Client to the Tanium Core Platform servers: see Tanium Client Deployment Guide: Using the Tanium Client Deployment Tool for the procedures. You can then use basic client-server registration to verify successful installation of the servers.
- Go to Administration > System Status to review recent client registration details.
- In Interact, verify the endpoints respond to the following query:
Get Computer Name and Tanium Server Name from all machines
- Review the results grid to verify that all endpoints with Tanium Client software installed are now reporting.
Last updated: 2/22/2019 12:22 PM | Feedback