Verifying the deployment
After you install the Tanium Server (standalone or redundant cluster), Tanium Module Server, and optional Tanium Zone Server, verify that the servers are installed correctly and can communicate with all the necessary components of the Tanium Core Platform.
- In a web browser, go to https://Tanium_Server_FQDN[:port] to log into the Tanium Console.
Tanium_Server_FQDN is the fully qualified domain name for the Tanium Server appliance. The default port is 8443, and it is redirected to 443. You do not have to specify a port if you use the default.
- Enter the user name Tanium and the password that you set when you installed the Tanium Server.
When you log into the Tanium Console for the first time, Tanium automatically imports the Default Content pack. The Default Content pack includes the sensors, packages, saved questions, and dashboards that are essential for getting started with Tanium.
- If you installed Tanium Server version 7.4.x or later, go to Solutions and import Interact.
The Interact workbench includes the user interface for questions and results.
For Tanium Server versions earlier than 7.4.x, Tanium automatically imports Interact.
If you installed Tanium Server version 7.4.x or later, use the Tanium Console to upload the license file. For more information, see "Managing the Tanium license" in the Tanium Console User Guide.
Deploy one or more Tanium Clients to endpoints in your environment so that you can test basic client-server registration. If you set up multiple Tanium Server appliances, specify both server names so the Tanium Clients use the ServerNameList setting to select a Tanium Server.
For comprehensive information on client deployment options, see the Tanium Client User Guide.
- From the Tanium Home page, verify that endpoints with the Tanium Client respond to the following query:
Get Computer Name and Tanium Server Name from all machines
- Review the results grid to verify that all endpoints with the Tanium Client report successfully.
- You can also go to the System Status page to review recent client registration details. Go to Console > Administration > System Status to display the page.
- Use the Tanium Client Management service to deploy the Tanium Client to a client in your environment. In the configuration for Tanium Server, specify the Zone Server FQDN (appliance-zs.tam.local in this example).
- In Interact, ask Get Computer Name and Tanium Server Name from all machines and verify that the Tanium Client on the Zone Server reports through the Tanium Zone Server.
Perform the following additional verifications if you installed a Tanium Cluster through an Appliance Array.
- In Interact, ask Get Computer Name and Tanium Server Name from all machines. Verify that both Tanium Servers are active.
- Verify that both servers can download packages with URL-specified files when such a package is created or imported. The Set Tanium Server Name package is an example of a package with URL-specified files:
- Create a new package and specify a locally uploaded file. After you have saved the package, wait a moment for cluster sync to occur, and then check that the files are downloaded and cached by both servers.
Last updated: 7/16/2020 12:50 PM | Feedback