Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Patch for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Patch.
Use the Solutions page to install Patch and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Patch is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Patch, see Import Patch with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Patch, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Patch requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Patch with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Patch requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Installing Patch.
When you import Patch with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured for Patch:
The service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
Configuring a unique service account for each Tanium solution is an extra security measure to consider in consultation with the security team of your organization. See Configure service account.
The following advanced setting is configured for optimal delivery of larger payloads:
For more information, see Configure advanced settings
|Patch computer groups||
Computer groups that Patch requires are imported:
Tanium Scan does not include any Red Hat repositories because authentication for cdn.redhat.com must first be configured. For more information, see (Red Hat endpoints) Configure TDownloader to use certificate authentication (Tanium Server version 18.104.22.16852 and earlier).
|Patch block lists||
|Patch deployment templates||
Default deployment templates are created for each supported operating system.
|Patch maintenance windows||
To import Patch and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Patch version.
To import Patch without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Patch version.
To configure the service account, see Configure service account.
To organize computer groups, see Organize computer groups.
To configure the Patch action group, see Configuring Patch.
When you start the Patch workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Patch are installed at the required versions. The Patch workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Patch, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Patch and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
Perform the following steps if a banner indicates any Patch dependencies are not installed:
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Patch to open the Patch Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade Patch, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Patch version.
After you import or upgrade Patch, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Patch to open the Patch Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 5/23/2022 2:10 PM | Feedback