Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Patch for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Patch.
Use the Solutions page to install Patch and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Patch is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Patch, see Import Patch with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Patch, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Patch requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Patch with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Patch requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Installing Patch.
When you import Patch with automatic configuration, the following default settings for managing Windows and Linux endpoints are configured:
The following default settings for managing Windows and Linux endpoints are configured for Patch:
The following advanced setting is configured for optimal delivery of larger payloads:
For more information, see Configure advanced settings
|Patch computer groups||
Tanium Scan does not include any Red Hat repositories because authentication for cdn.redhat.com must first be configured. For more information, see (Red Hat endpoints) Configure Tanium Server to use certificate authentication(Red Hat endpoints) Configure Tanium Cloud to use certificate authentication.
The following patch lists are automatically created:
For more information, see Default patch lists.
|Patch block lists||
|Patch deployment templates||
Default deployment templates are created for Windows and Linux.
|Patch maintenance windows||
To import Patch and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Patch version.
To import Patch without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Patch version.
To organize computer groups, see Organize computer groups for Windows and Linux endpoints.
To configure the Patch action group, see Configuring Patch.
Other Tanium solutions are required for Patch to function (required dependencies) or for specific Patch features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
In Patch 3.13, the steps required to configure the service account are no longer necessary due to the adoption of the System User Service, which performs these tasks automatically. Additionally, the Patch database is migrated to RDB in this release. Consequently, after upgrading to Patch 3.13, it might take time for the database migration to complete and for RBAC privileges and other updates to sync properly. This could lead to issues and error messages when you first query the Tanium Console. These issues usually resolve on their own after a few minutes, but could take up to an hour or longer depending on system resources and the amount of data to migrate.
For the steps to upgrade Patch, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Patch version.
After you import or upgrade Patch, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Patch to open the Patch Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 9/11/2023 9:27 AM | Feedback