Use the Tanium Solutions page to install Map and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Map is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Map, see Import and configure Map with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Map, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Map requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import and configure Map with custom settings.
When you import Map with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
- The Map service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
- The Map action group is set to the computer group All Computers.
The Map tools deploy to endpoints and begin recording network events after configuration.
To import Map and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Map version.
To import Map without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Map version.
The service account is a user that runs several background processes for Map. This user requires Tanium Administrator role.
For more information about Map permissions, see User role requirements.
- From the Main menu, click Map to open the MapHome page.
- Click Settings and open the Service Account tab.
- Update the service account settings and click Save.
- From the Main menu, click Actions > Scheduled Actions.
- In the list of action groups, click Tanium Map.
- Click Edit, select computer groups to include in the action group, and click Save.
From the Map Home page, click Initialize Endpoints to install the Map tools on the endpoints and start the Map service.
After deploying the tools for the first time, endpoints can take up to four hours to display status.
After you import or upgrade Map, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Map to open the Map Home page.
- To display version information, click Info .
See Getting started for more information about using Map.
Last updated: 3/31/2020 1:49 PM | Feedback