You can install Map from the Tanium Solutions page.
Import Map from the Tanium Solutions page.
From the Main Menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Tanium Map, click Import.
Tanium Map is a licensed solution. If Tanium Map is not on the Tanium Solutions page, contact your Technical Account Manager (TAM).
In the Content Import Preview window, you can expand the package to review the Tanium content that is being installed. Click Proceed with Import.
- After the installation process completes, refresh your browser.
- From the main menu, click Map. The Map home page is displayed.
To verify that Map is installed, go to the Tanium Solutions page and check the installed version. To check the installed version on the Map home page, click Info .
Configure service account
The service account is used to create recurring maintenance activities for Map.
- From the Map home page, click Configure Service Account.
- Enter a user name and password.
- Click Set Credentials.
The action group defines the set of endpoints to which you are deploying the Map packages. By default, the Computer Group Targets setting for the Map action group is set to No Computers. You can set the action group to All Computers or any computer group that you have defined.
- From the Main menu, click Actions > Scheduled Actions.
- Click the Tanium Map action group, then click Edit.
- Select the computer group for the group of endpoints that you want to use for Map. Click Save.
From the home page, click Initialize Endpoints to install the Map tools on the endpoints and start the Map service.
After deploying the tools for the first time, endpoints can take up to four hours to display status.
Upgrade Map to the latest version from the Solutions page.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Locate Map and click Upgrade to X.X.X.XX.
- Click OK.
The Import Solution window opens with a list of all the changes and import options.
- Click Proceed with Import and enter your password.
The installation and configuration process begins.
- To confirm the upgrade, return to the Tanium Solutions page and check the Installed: X.X.X.XX version for Map.
If the Map version is not updated, refresh your browser window.
See Getting started for more information about using Map.
Last updated: 11/6/2018 1:40 PM | Feedback