Tanium™ Feed is not yet available for on-premises installations of the Tanium™ Core Platform.
Tanium Cloud automatically handles installations and upgrades for Feed.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Feed and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Feed is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Feed, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services.
- Manual configuration: Manually install Feed and the required dependencies. For more information, see Import Feed.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the requirements.
- To import the Feed solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
Perform the following steps to install the Feed solution on the Tanium Server.
If you have multiple Tanium Servers in an active-active configuration, you only need to perform these steps on one Tanium Server if you have Tanium Core Platform 220.127.116.114 or later.
- Sign in to the Tanium Console with an account that has the Administrator reserved role.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
- In the Content section, select the checkbox for Feed and click Import.
If you need to install any prerequisite Tanium solutions, select the corresponding checkboxes for those solutions as well.
- Review the content to import and click Begin Install.
Other Tanium solutions are required for Feed to function (required dependencies) or for specific Feed features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
After you import or upgrade Feed, verify that the correct version is installed.
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Solutions.
- In the Content section, locate the Feed row.
- Verify the Imported Version reflects the version you installed.
- From the Main menu, go to Activity. Verify the Activity page loads and that notifications appear.
Last updated: 8/10/2022 10:25 AM | Feedback