Installing End-User Notifications
Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring End-User Notifications for Tanium as a Service (TaaS), see Configuring End-User Notifications.
Use the Solutions page to install End-User Notifications and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): End-User Notifications is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for End-User Notifications, see Import End-User Notifications with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing End-User Notifications, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if End-User Notifications requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import End-User Notifications with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the End-User Notifications requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade End-User Notifications.
When you import End-User Notifications with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured for End-User Notifications:
The service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
Configuring a unique service account for each Tanium solution is an extra security measure to consider in consultation with the security team of your organization. See Configure service account.
|End-User Notifications configurations||
To import End-User Notifications and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed. For more information, see Verify End-User Notifications version.
To import End-User Notifications without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed. For more information, see Verify End-User Notifications version.
To configure the service account, see Configure service account.
To configure the End-User Notifications action group, see Configure End-User Notifications action group.
To customize notifications, see Customize the End-User Self Service Client.
When you start the End-User Notifications workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for End-User Notifications are installed at the required versions. The End-User Notifications workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported End-User Notifications, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported End-User Notifications and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > End-User Notifications to open the End-User Notifications Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade End-User Notifications, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed. For more information, see Verify End-User Notifications version.
After you import or upgrade End-User Notifications, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > End-User Notifications to open the End-User Notifications Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 1/21/2022 6:36 PM | Feedback