Installing End-User Notifications
Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
Use the Tanium Solutions page to install End-User Notifications and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): End-User Notifications is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for End-User Notifications, see Import and configure End-User Notifications with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing End-User Notifications, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if End-User Notifications requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import and configure End-User Notifications with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the End-User Notifications requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade End-User Notifications.
When you import End-User Notifications with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
- The End-User Notifications service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
- The End-User Notifications action group is set to the computer group All Computers.
- The End-User Notifications tools are distributed to endpoints.
- A default End-User Notifications profile is created.
To import End-User Notifications and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed. For more information, see Verify End-User Notifications version.
To import End-User Notifications without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed. For more information, see Verify End-User Notifications version.
The service account is a user that runs background processes for End-User Notifications. This user requires the Content Administrator and End-User Notifications Administrator roles or the Tanium Administrator role.
For more information about End-User Notifications permissions, see User role requirements.
- On the End-User Notifications Home page, click Settings and open the Service Account tab.
- Update the service account settings and click Save.
- From the Main menu, click Actions > Scheduled Actions.
- In the list of action groups, click Tanium End-User Notifications.
- Click Edit, select computer groups to include in the action group, and click Save.
Add a company logo and relevant information to personalize the End-User Self-Service experience.
You must create at least one End-User Notifications profile. For more information about creating a profile, see Create a profile.
End-User Notifications installs a set of tools on each endpoint that you have targeted. Initializing the endpoints starts the End-User Notifications service and starts the End-User Notifications process on every endpoint where it is not running.
- On the End-User Notifications Home page, click Initialize Endpoints.
If the option is not visible on the End-User Notifications Home page, click Manage Home Page, select the option, and click Save.
- Enter your password and click Confirm.
After deploying the tools for the first time, endpoints can take up to four hours to display status.
For the steps to upgrade End-User Notifications, see Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed. For more information, see Verify End-User Notifications version.
After you import or upgrade End-User Notifications, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > End-User Notifications to open the End-User Notifications Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
See Getting started for more information about using End-User Notifications.
Last updated: 9/18/2020 2:35 PM | Feedback