Configuring End-User Notifications
If you did not install End-User Notifications with the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations option, you must enable and configure certain features.
The service account is a user that runs background processes for End-User Notifications. This user requires the Content Administrator and End-User Notifications Administrator roles or the Tanium Administrator role.
For more information about End-User Notifications permissions, see User role requirements.
- On the End-User NotificationsHome page, click Settings and open the Service Account tab.
- Update the service account settings and click Submit.
The End-User Notifications action group controls what endpoints receive End-User Notification Tools. All targeted Windows and macOS endpoints receive tools.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Actions > Action Groups.
- In the list of action groups, click Tanium End-User Notifications.
- Click Edit, select computer groups to include in the action group, and click Save.
Add a company logo and relevant information to personalize the End-User Self-Service experience.
You must create at least one End-User Notifications profile. For more information about creating a profile, see Create a profile.
End-User Notifications installs a set of tools on each endpoint that you have targeted. Initializing endpoints configures the End-User Notifications Tools to be installed on any compatible endpoint in the End-User Notifications action group. You must complete this procedure any time the action group is changed.
- On the End-User Notifications Overview page, click Help , and then click Support if needed.
- Click Initialize Endpoints and confirm your action.
After deploying the tools for the first time, endpoints can take up to four hours to display status.
Last updated: 7/27/2021 11:11 AM | Feedback