To use the Self Service application on your endpoints, you must create a self service profile in Deploy version 1.2 or later.
- Install Tanium End-User Notifications version 1.5 or later. For more information, see Tanium End-User Notifications User Guide: Installing End-User Notifications.
- Create one or more software packages or bundles. For more information, see Managing packages and bundles.
- From the Deploy menu, click Self Service Profiles and then click New Profile.
- Provide a name and optionally a description for the profile.
- Select computer groups or define a group of computers.
- Choose packages or bundles to include or remove from the profile.
- By default, each package is allowed to be installed, updated, and removed in the Self Service application. You can deselect any options if you do not want users to perform those operations.
- If a software package requires a restart of the endpoint, you can select Requires Restart.
- Click Preview to Continue and then click Create Profile.
From the Deploy menu, click Self Service Profiles to view all self service profiles.
This page displays all currently defined profiles and basic information about those profiles. You can expand the profile to view more detail about the profile, including the defined software packages and the allowed actions that are associated with each package. This expanded detail also shows the targeted groups or questions for the profile.
To edit a self service profile, click Edit next to the profile name. You can also click the profile name and then click Edit.
To delete a self service profile, click the profile name and then click Delete .
You can check the status of packages or bundles that are used in the Self Service application and track usage statistics of the Self Service application on endpoints.
From the Deploy menu, click Deployments and then click the Self Service tab. This page displays all software packages and bundles that are included in self service profiles. It also shows the number of times a given operation was performed for each package.
The Self Service Client includes the following tabs:
The Dashboard tab displays the most recently added software applications and any current activity.
The Catalog tab displays all of the available software applications in the catalog.
The History tab displays any completed activities that occurred on the system and their results.
The Activity tab displays any currently running or upcoming activities. Completed activities are moved to the History tab.
To install, update, or remove software applications on endpoints, open the Self Service Client application. For more information, see Tanium Support Knowledge Base: Tanium Deploy End-User Self Service for Users (login required).
Last updated: 11/26/2019 2:46 PM | Feedback