If you encounter unexpected behavior with Tanium Containers, use the information contained here to troubleshoot the issue.
The troubleshooting examples use tanium/tcc as the name of the Tanium Client Container image and tcc for the name of the Kubernetes app. Adjust your own commands accordingly.
In environments that enable role-based access control (RBAC), users cannot access content to which they do not have permission. Sensors are among those objects that are managed through RBAC. If you are unable to access sensors in the Tanium Containers solution, make sure your user account has sufficient permission to the Containers content set.
- You must have read permission to the Containers content set to view sensors in the Tanium Containers solution.
- You must have write permission to the Containers content set to add, edit, or delete sensors in the Tanium Containers solution.
- You must have the Trends API Board read, Trends Data read, and Trends show permissions to the Trends content set to view the Containers board in Trends.
If you experience issues when you deploy or run the Tanium Client Container on endpoints, use the describe command to view details for the Tanium Client Container. For example:
kubectl describe daemonset.apps/tcc
For more information and options, see the describe command in the Kubernetes command reference.
Run the following commands to uninstall the Tanium Client Container from the Kubernetes nodes:
kubectl delete daemonset.apps/tcc --wait=true --cascade=foreground
kubectl delete configmap/tcc --wait=true
kubectl delete secret/tanium-init --wait=true
Perform the following steps to remove the Tanium Containers solution from the Tanium Server.
If you have multiple Tanium Servers in an active-active configuration, you only need to perform these steps on one Tanium Server if you have Tanium Core Platform 220.127.116.114 or later. Otherwise, perform these steps on each Tanium Server.
- Sign in to the Tanium Console as a user with the Administrator role.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
- In the Content section, select the checkbox for Containers and click Uninstall.
- Review the summary and click Yes.
To uninstall the Tanium Containers solution from TaaS, contact Contact Tanium Support.
To contact Tanium Support for help, sign in to https://support.tanium.com.
Last updated: 7/27/2021 7:59 AM | Feedback