You can build reports based on the existing built-in reports, or you can build your own reports from any sensor information that Tanium provides.
From the Asset menu, click Reports. All built-in and custom reports are displayed on this page. To view a report, click the report name.
- If you are viewing a summary report, you can drill down into the data in a report by clicking links in the report data grid. For example, in the All Assets report, you can click the Computer Name to view information about that asset. You can also click the User Name to view information about assets that are owned by the user.
- In the detail report, you can see more information about the selected asset.
You can change which columns are displayed in the report, and adjust the order of the columns.
- In the report, click Customize Columns.
- To remove a column, clear the checkbox for the column.
- To adjust the column order, click and drag the column names.
- Click Save.
To quickly search the values in the report, use filter items. To filter the values based on certain column values with operators (greater or less than, contains, is equal to, and so on), create a report filter.
You cannot filter on columns with numeric values.
Create report filter
You can perform live filtering on any report. You can also save the filter you create for future reference.
- In a report, expand the Filters section. If the report contains a filter, that filter is already listed.
- Add filters. You can add to the filter with the following methods:
- Create a quick filter. Hover over a value in your report and click Add is equal to filter or Add is not equal to filter. The appropriate condition is added to the Filter results: section.
- Edit the filter directly. Click + Add to create a filter rule that is at the same level as the selected rule. When you create the rule, you can choose the attribute and whether the filter applies AND or OR operators with the other filters at that level. Click Save . To create nested groups of filters, click +(Group).
- Update the report data. Click Refresh Report to refresh the report based on the filters.
- (Optional) Save report filters.
- If you want to save the filter you defined in a custom report, click Save, or Save As to create a copy of the report that contains the filter.
- If you want to save filtering for a predefined report, click Save As and create a copy of the report that contains the filter.
You can create a new custom report, or you can copy from an existing report:
To create a new report on the Reports page, click Create Custom Report.
- In an existing report, click Save As to create a copy of the report, give the report a new name, and click Save. The new report is displayed. Click Edit to change report details.
Specify general report information
- Give your report a name and description to help you remember the purpose of the report later. The report name must be unique among all reports in Asset, including reports created by other users.
- If you select Summary Report, the data is grouped into rows with an associated count that you can click to view more details. For example, if you create a report that lists SQL installations, with this option enabled, you get a result that lists a count of the computers that have each SQL version. You can then click the count to view the list of computers with that particular software installed.
The columns that are available to include in your reports come from the asset sources that you define. To define sources, click Inventory Management > Sources in the Asset menu.
When you select columns, you can select multiple columns from the Asset table and any other one table (such as Network Adapter, Installed Applications, or Logical Disk). You can also select columns from any single table. For example, you cannot select columns from both the Network Adapter and Installed Applications tables.
- In the Add Columns section, select the data that you want to include in your report. You can search for the column that you want to use, or expand and collapse the data categories to find which columns you want to include.
- Specify the order that you want your columns to display. In the Columns Selected section, click and drag the column names to arrange them in the order you want them from left to right in the resulting report. If you do not want the column to show up in the report but want the data to be available for filtering, change the Show value to Hide.
Define default filter
You can create a filter that is always applied when the report runs.
Click + Add to create a filter rule that is at the same level as the selected rule. When you create the rule, you can choose the attribute and whether the filter applies AND or OR operators with the other filters at that level. Click Save . To create nested groups of filters, click +(Group).
- To save a rule, click Save .
- To edit a filter rule, click Edit .
- To discard changes to a rule you are editing, click Cancel .
- To delete a filter rule, click Delete .
- If you use a Size data type in your report (such as the Total Disk Space or Free Space fields), the values are converted with a base of 1024. For example, 450,000 MB is converted to 439 GB.
- If you use a Date data type in your report (such as the Created Date field), you can filter on dates or calendar dates. For example, if you enter a filter for created in the last "10 Days", the origin date and time are calculated from the exact current date and time. If you enter a filter created in the last "10 Calendar Days", the origin date and time is always 12:00 AM on the specified number of days back from the current date. You can preview the date range when you save the rule.
To save the report, click Create. The report with the data is displayed. See Work with existing reports.
To delete a report, go to the Report page and click Delete on the row of the report you want to delete. You can only delete custom reports.
You can remove assets from your asset database. In a report that shows the assets you want to remove, select the rows and click Delete.
If the asset you deleted responds to the Asset saved questions in a subsequent load, the asset is re-added to the database.
Last updated: 9/16/2020 11:59 AM | Feedback