This documentation includes content for releases that might not be available on-premises. For the latest on-premises Asset documentation, see the PDF version of Tanium™ Asset User Guide version 1.24.77.
You can build reports based on the existing built-in reports, or you can build your own reports from any sensor information that Tanium provides.
Flexera file evidence reports are not currently supported for use with Tanium Cloud because Flexera does not support Tanium access tokens.
Work with existing reports
You view reports and assets within reports based on your permissions. For more information about how users receive permissions, see Tanium Console User Guide: RBAC overview.
From the Asset menu, click Reports. You can view all built-in and custom reports on this page. To view a report, click the report name.
- If you are viewing a summary report, you can drill down into the data in a report by clicking links in the report data grid. For example, in the All Assets report, you can click the Computer Name to view information about that asset. You can also click the User Name to view information about assets that are owned by the user.
- In the detail report, you can see more information about the selected asset.
You can change which columns are displayed in the report and adjust the order of the columns.
- In the report, click Customize Columns .
- To remove a column, clear the checkbox for the column.
- To adjust the column order, click and drag the column names.
To quickly search the values in the report, use filter items. To filter the values based on certain column values with operators (greater or less than, contains, is equal to, and so on), create a report filter.
In a report, you can quickly filter items by searching the report. These filters are not saved when you leave the report page.
You cannot filter on columns with numeric values.
Create report filters
You can perform live filtering on any report and optionally save the filter for future use.
- In a report, expand the Filters section. If the report contains a filter, that filter is already listed.
- Add filters. You can add to the filter with the following methods:
- Create a quick filter: Hover over a value in your report, click Options and click Add is equal to filter or Add is not equal to filter . The appropriate condition is added to the Filters section.
- Edit the filter directly: Click Add and then Add Row to create a filter rule that is at the same level as the selected rule. When you create the rule, you can choose the attribute and whether the filter applies AND or OR operators with the other filters at that level. Click Apply . To create nested groups of filters, click Add and then Add Group.
- Update the report data. Click Apply All to refresh the report based on the filters.
- (Optional) Save report filters.
- If you want to save the filter you defined in a custom report, click Save, or Save As to create a copy of the report that contains the filter.
- If you want to save filtering for a predefined report, click Save As and create a copy of the report that contains the filter.
Create a report
You can create a new custom report, or you can copy from an existing report:
To create a new report on the Reports page, click Create Custom Report.
- In an existing report, click Save As to create a copy of the report, give the report a new name, and click Accept. The new report opens. Click Edit to change report details.
Specify general report information
- Give your report a name and description to help you remember the purpose of the report later. The report name must be unique among all reports in Asset, including reports created by other users.
- If you select Summary Report, the data is grouped into rows with an associated count that you can click to view more details. For example, if you create a report that lists SQL installations, with this option enabled, you get a result that lists a count of the computers that have each SQL version. You can then click the count to view the list of computers with that particular software installed.
- If you select Public Access, any user with the Asset Limited Report Reader role (which provides the Asset Limited Report permission) can view the report. If this setting is disabled, only users that are assigned a role with the Asset Report Read or Asset Report Write permissions can view the report.
This access limitation obscures visibility to non-public Asset reports for limited users, but does not secure against these users accessing individual data points within a public report.
The columns that are available to include in your reports come from the asset sources that you define. To define sources, click Inventory Management > Sources in the Asset menu.
When you select columns, you can select multiple columns from the Asset table and any other single table (such as Network Adapter, Installed Applications, or Logical Disk). For example, you cannot select columns from both the Network Adapter and Installed Applications tables.
- In the Select Report Columns from Asset Tables section, select the data that you want to include in your report. You can search for the column that you want to use, or expand and collapse the data categories to find which columns you want to include.
- Specify the order that you want your columns to display. In the Columns Selected section, click and drag the column names to arrange them in the order you want them from left to right in the resulting report. If you do not want the column to show up in the report but want the data to be available for filtering, change the Show value to Hide.
Define default filter
You can create a filter that is always applied when the report runs.
Click Add and then Add Row to create a filter rule that is at the same level as the selected rule. When you create the rule, you can choose the attribute and whether the filter applies AND or OR operators with the other filters at that level. Click Apply . To create nested groups of filters, click Add and then Add Group.
- To save a filter rule, click Apply .
- To edit a filter rule, click Edit .
- To discard changes to a filter rule you are editing, click Cancel .
- To delete a filter rule, click Delete .
- If you use a Size data type in your report (such as the Total Disk Space or Free Space fields), the values are converted with a base of 1024. For example, 450,000 MB is converted to 439 GB.
- If you use a Date data type in your report (such as the Created Date field), you can filter on dates or calendar dates. For example, if you enter a filter for created in the last "10 Days", the origin date and time are calculated from the exact current date and time. If you enter a filter created in the last "10 Calendar Days", the origin date and time is always 12:00 AM on the specified number of days back from the current date. You can preview the date range when you save the rule.
To save the report, click Submit. For more information about working with reports, see Work with existing reports.
To delete a report, go to the Reports page and click Delete on the row of the report you want to delete. You can delete only custom reports.
Asset automatically purges stale assets from the database that have not been seen by Asset after
If the asset you deleted responds to the Asset saved questions in a subsequent load, the asset is re-added to the database.
Last updated: 6/6/2023 11:40 AM | Feedback