You can build reports based on the existing built-in reports, or you can build your own reports from any sensor information that Tanium provides.
From the Asset menu, click Reports. All built-in and custom reports are displayed on this page. To view a report, click the report name.
- If you are viewing a summary report, you can drill down into the data in a report by clicking links in the report data grid. For example, in the All Users report, you can click the user name to view information about that user and their associated assets.
- In the detail report, you can see more information about the selected asset.
You can perform live filtering on any report. Any filtering that you modify while you are viewing a report is not saved in the report. If you want to create persistent filters, edit the report and modify the filters in the report settings.
- In a report, expand the Filters section. If the report contains a filter, that filter is already listed.
- Add filters. Click Add > Add Row to create a filter rule that is at the same level as the selected rule. When you create the rule, you can choose whether the filter applies AND or OR operators with the other filters at that level. To create nested groups of filters, click Add > Add Row. When you are done editing the filter, click Refresh Report.
- View filter details. Click Expand to view a JSON representation of the rule, which can be helpful to evaluate complex filtering.
- Update the report data. Click Refresh Report to refresh the report based on the filters.
You can create a report from an existing report, or you can create a new custom report:
- In an existing report, click Create Copy to create a copy of the report, and then modify any details as needed.
- From the Reports page, click Create Custom Report.
Specify general report information
- Give your report a name and description to help you remember the purpose of the report later. The report name must be unique among all reports in Asset, including reports created by other users.
- If you select Summary Report, the data is grouped into rows an associated count that you can click to view more details. For example, if you create a report that lists SQL installations, with this option enabled, you get a result that lists a count of the computers that have each SQL version. You can then click the count to view the list of computers with that particular software installed.
The columns that are available to include in your reports come from the asset sources that you define. To define sources, click Inventory Management > Sources in the Asset menu.
- In the Add Columns section, select the data that you want to include in your report. You can search for the column that you want to use, or expand and collapse the data categories to find which columns you want to include.
- Specify the order that you want your data to display. In the Order and Configure Columns section, click and drag the column names to arrange them in the order you want them from left to right in the resulting report. If you do not want the column to show up in the report but want the data to be available for filtering, change the Show value to Hide.
Define default filter
You can create a filter that is always applied when the report runs. You can create filters on any of the columns you have configured in the report.
Click Add > Add Row to create a filter rule that is at the same level as the selected rule. When you create the rule, you can choose whether the filter applies AND or OR operators with the other filters at that level. To create nested groups of filters, click Add > Add Row.
When you are done editing the filter, click Refresh Report.
- To copy a filter rule, click Copy .
- To edit a filter rule, click Edit .
- To delete a filter rule, click Delete .
To save the report, click Create Report. After the report is created, you can click Edit Report to modify the columns and default filters.
To delete a report, go to the report page and click Delete .
You can remove assets from your asset database that are outdated or that you no longer want to track.
In a report that shows the assets you want to remove, select a single row, or click and drag to select multiple rows and click Delete selected .
Last updated: 4/23/2019 2:56 PM | Feedback