Upgrading Tanium Trends
If you installed a previous version of Trends, make sure to complete all required upgrade activities.
- In Trends 3.x and later, all boards, sources, and saved questions must be assigned to a content set. When you upgrade from a Trends 2.x installation, any existing boards and saved question sources are assigned to the predefined Trends content set. All users with predefined Trends roles have access to the Trends content set. Any custom roles created prior to upgrading to Trends 3.x also retain their previous Trends permissions to the Trends content set.
After you upgrade to Trends 3.x, you may want to review the boards and sources in Trends and assign them to different content sets to control access. For information on predefined content sets in Trends, see Content sets. For information on using Tanium RBAC to control access to content, see Tanium Console User Guide: RBAC overview.
Perform the following steps for all Trends upgrades:
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- In the Trends section, click Upgrade to Version.
- Review the list of API requests and click Import.
- To confirm the upgrade, return to the Tanium Solutions page and check the installed version for Trends. If the new version is not displayed, refresh the Tanium Solutions page.
Last updated: 11/19/2019 7:50 AM | Feedback