If you encounter unexpected behavior when using Trends, you can troubleshoot the issue using the information contained here. You can also contact your TAM.
If data is not collected and populated in boards and panels as expected, check the following pages to verify that Trends saved questions are being issued, and that the questions return results.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Question History and review the log of Trends saved questions.
- From the Trends menu, click Sources to go to the All Sources page and make sure the source for the panel is not disabled. A icon indicates the source is disabled.
- From the All Sources page, click a saved question source to view details on the source. The Runs tab contains logs that show if Trends is able to successfully collect data from the endpoints.
If you need to contact your TAM to troubleshoot an issue with Trends, your TAM may ask your version of Trends and how much disk space Trends is using.
From the Trends home page, click Information . The version information and storage size appear under About.
If you encounter issues that you want to troubleshoot with the assistance of Tanium™ support, you can create a package of database logs, Trends service logs, and configuration files that can be used to diagnose unexpected behavior.
To download logs:
A zip file that contains the log file downloads to your browser's download folder.
In addition to any database logs, Trends stores up to the latest 20 Trends service logs. Each service log can contain 10 MB maximum of data, and the total size of all service logs will not exceed 20 MB.
You can also find logs on the Module Server host computer.
|Operating System||Log Files|
|Windows||<Tanium Module Server>\services\trends-files\logs|
If the Trends service cannot be reached from the Tanium Console, Trends functionality is not available and a message appears. If the problem persists, contact your TAM.
When you uninstall Trends, any collected data is saved by default so that you can restore the data if you later decide to reinstall Trends. In some cases, you might want to start "clean" and not restore the data. To do this, you must manually uninstall some files.
Consult with your TAM before you uninstall or reinstall Trends.
What happens when you uninstall Trends?
When you uninstall Trends, the Tanium Console removes:
- Trends workbench
- Trends-related configuration objects (boards, panels, and sources)
- Trends service
To support data restoration, the uninstallation procedure does not remove:
- Collected data at <Tanium Module Server>\services\trends-files\
- Trends saved questions (which continue to be reissued)
- Trends module sources (which are removed when you uninstall the corresponding modules)
- Log into the Tanium Console as a user with the Administrator role.
- From the Main menu, select Tanium Solutions.
- On the Trends panel, click Uninstall.
- Review the summary and click Uninstall.
- When prompted to confirm, enter your password and click OK.
If you later install Trends, the previous data and sources are restored.
In an Active-Active deployment, the Trends workbench and Trends menu remain on the cluster member on which the uninstallation was not run. The Trends workbench must be manually removed from that instance. Contact your TAM for assistance. For information about Active-Active deployments, see Tanium Core Platform Install Guide: Installing Tanium Server in an Active-Active cluster.
Uninstall Trends so you start fresh when you reinstall
- Uninstall Trends as described in the previous section.
- Manually delete the following:
- Trends files at <Tanium Module Server>\services\trends-files\
- Trends saved questions (through Content > Saved Questions)
If you later install Trends and import the gallery, no data collected for saved question sources is preserved from previous installations.
Last updated: 4/9/2019 2:59 PM | Feedback