Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Trends for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Trends.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Trends and choose between automatic and manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings: (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Trends is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For details about the automatic configuration for Trends, see Import Trends with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Trends, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Trends requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Trends with custom settings.
Before you begin
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Trends requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrading Trends.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Trends. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Trends solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
Import Trends with default settings
When you import Trends with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured for Trends:
|Trends visibility||Trends visibility is set to the following computer groups if they exist:
|Trends boards||Trends imports all available boards and sources for the initial gallery. This includes boards and sources provided by any other Tanium solution that has a service account configured. After import, boards may take several minutes to initially display.
If you import Trends with the default settings and later import another Tanium solution, Trends automatically imports the boards and sources for that solution. If you import Trends without the default settings, you will need to manually import the boards and sources from other Tanium solutions.
To import Trends and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Trends version.
Import Trends with custom settings
To import Trends without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Trends version.
To configure visibility groups, see Configure visibility groups.
Manage solution dependencies
When you start the Trends workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Trends are installed at the required versions. The Trends workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Trends, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Trends and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
Perform the following steps if a banner indicates any Trends dependencies are not installed:
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Trends to open the Trends Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
Verify Trends version
After you import or upgrade Trends, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Trends to open the Trends Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
What to do next
- If you imported Trends without automatic settings, import the initial gallery.
- Explore the built-in sources, boards, and panels contained in the initial gallery.
Last updated: 3/14/2023 11:56 PM | Feedback