Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
Use the Tanium Solutions page to install Trends and choose between automatic and manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings: (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Trends is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For details about the automatic configuration for Trends, see Import and configure Trends with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Trends, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Trends requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import and configure Trends with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Trends requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrading Tanium Trends.
- You must be assigned the Administrator reserved role to install Trends.
When you import Trends with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
- The Trends service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
- Trends visibility is set to the following computer groups if they exist:
- All Computers
- All Windows
- All Linux
- All Mac
- All Workstations
- All Servers
- All Windows Workstations
- All Windows Servers
- Trends imports all available boards and sources for the initial gallery. This includes boards and sources provided by any other Tanium module that has a service account configured. After import, boards may take several minutes to initially display.
If you import Trends with the default settings and later import another Tanium module, Trends automatically imports the boards and sources for that module. If you import Trends without the default settings, you will need to manually import the boards and sources from other Tanium modules.
To import Trends and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps under Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Trends version.
To import Trends without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps under Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Trends version.
The service account is a user with access to all computer groups and endpoints from which to collect data. Specifying these credentials is a one-time configuration. This user requires the following roles and access:
- Trends Service Account role
- (Optional) Connect Operator or Connect Administrator role to send Trends data to Tanium Connect
For more information about Trends permissions, see User role requirements.
- From the Main menu, click Trends to open the Trends Home page.
- Click Settings and open the Service Credentials tab.
- Update the service account settings and click Save.
Select the computer groups from which you want Trends to collect data. When Trends collects results from saved question sources, the results are split into aggregate count records by the computer groups that you select. You can add or remove computer groups at any time.
Users must have explicit computer group permissions to view data for the corresponding computer groups.
- From the Trends Home page, click Settings .
- From the Groups tab, select the computer groups that you want to collect data from.
- Click Save.
After you import or upgrade Trends, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Modules > Trends to open the Trends Home page.
- To display version information, click Info .
- If you imported Trends with automatic settings, you may want to change the service account to a user that only has the required permissions.
- If you imported Trends without automatic settings, import the initial gallery.
- Explore the built-in sources, boards, and panels contained in the initial gallery.
Last updated: 6/30/2020 1:56 PM | Feedback