Building and publishing boards
The process to build and publish a board contains these primary steps:
- Create a board.
- Edit the board.
- Add sections to the board.
- Add panels to the board.
- Save the board.
- Publish boards.
Trends saves the board and displays the All Boards page.
To quickly create similar boards, you can clone an existing board and then edit the new board. To clone a board, open the board, click More, and select Clone. The cloned board displays with the same name as the original board with " - Clone" appended to the name.
After you create a board, you can edit the board to add, remove, and reorder sections and panels. You can edit a board at any time, including boards included in the initial gallery.
Any changes that you make to the board are not saved until you click Save.
- To edit a board, open the board from the All Boards page and click Edit.
- To move a panel within a section, click Move Left or Move Right until the panel is at the desired location.
- To edit text that displays on the board, click Edit next to the text.
- When you delete a section, any panels in the section are also deleted.
- When you delete a board, any panels and sections in the board are also deleted.
A section is a collapsible division on a board that you can use to further group panels. Sections are optional.
The section is added to the bottom of the board.
To move sections, click Reorder Sections, drag the section blocks into your preferred order, and click Continue.
The source that you want to use for the panel must exist before you create the panel. For more information, see Working with sources.
- In the location where you want the panel, click Add Panel.
- Use the Add Panel dialog to specify the following settings:
- Choose a source. Settings include:
- Select a chart type. For more information, see Reference: Chart options in Trends.
- Customize the chart information. Settings include:
- Default - Display large values (>= 1000) on the y-axis with International System of Units (SI) prefixes, and full numbers for hover and chart labels. For example, the y-axis might display 1.23M for an item and hovering the cursor over the item displays 1,230,000.
- Percentage - Display values as percentages. This option only changes the format of the values to display; values are not recalculated.
- SI Prefix - Display all large values using SI prefixes. For example, 1,230,000 displays as 1.23M.
- To exclude an item from the chart, deselect the checkbox next to the item.
- Click the color next to any item to change the color that displays for that item. Colors can be reused by multiple items.
Source Select the saved question source or module source. Field Select the field from the source to use for the panel. If the source contains one field, such as a saved question source that uses a single column sensor, only one option is available. Note that some module sources do not contain fields (only values). Value For module sources, select the value to display in the panel. This option works in conjunction with the Field setting, if available. Name Specify a name to display at the top of the panel. Description Type a description to inform other administrators about the purpose of the configuration. The description does not display on the panel. X Axis Label Enter a label to display horizontally under the chart. This option only displays for chart types that use axis labels. Y Axis Label Enter a label to display vertically to the left of the chart. This option only displays for chart types that use axis labels. Computer Group For a saved question source, select the default computer group for which to display data in the panel. Only computer groups that are visible to Trends are available. Date Range Select a date for one day charts or a date range for historical charts. For more information, see Reference: Chart options in Trends. Source Value Format Select to how to display values in the chart for items and axis scales. Options include: Counts For a saved question source, select to include data from Online clients, or data from Online and most recent offline clients. The online and offline statuses relate to the time when Trends collected results, not the present time. Online clients are endpoints that responded to the question within the last 24 hours. Online and most recent offline clients are endpoints that responded within the last week. Items To Display The maximum number of items to display in the chart. Sort Order Select to order items in the chart ascendingly (low to high) or descendingly (high to low). Background Color Select the default background color of the chart. Conditional Formatting Click Add Condition to add a threshold condition that changes the background color of the chart. When you add conditional formatting, viewers can easily identify panels that need attention. You can add multiple conditions to a chart. Conditions are evaluated in descending order; the first condition that triggers a match is applied to the chart. Legend Display Options Use this section to customize the items that appear in the chart.
- Click Continue.
The panel displays on the board and displays any data collected by the source.
To exit editing without saving changes, click Revert.
Click Favorite next to any board or panel name to add it to your favorites list. You can quickly access all your favorite boards and panels from the Trends home page.
You can publish one or more boards to a standalone HTML file that you can distribute to stakeholders or post to an internal web server. Published files download to your local file system through the browser.
- From the Trends menu, click Boards.
- Select the checkboxes next to one or more boards that you want to publish.
If you select multiple boards, Trends publishes the boards to a single HTML file.
- Click Publish.
- Select the default date range or choose a custom date range to include in the HTML file. If you select a custom date range, single-day charts use the To date.
- Click Download.
Trends renders the selected boards into an HTML file that downloads to the local file system.
Last updated: 3/8/2019 8:31 AM | Feedback