Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Risk for Tanium as a Service (TaaS), see Configuring Risk.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Risk and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Risk is installed along with all other licensed solutions. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Risk, see Import Risk with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Risk, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Risk requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Risk with custom settings.
- Review the Risk requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Risk.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Risk. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Risk solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Risk action group, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role, Content Administrator reserved role, or a role that has the Action Group write permission.
- Install or upgrade the required dependencies to the specific version in the specified order. For more information, see Manage dependencies for Tanium solutions.
Other Tanium solutions are required for Risk to function (required dependencies) or for specific Risk features to work (feature-specific dependencies). If you are using Tanium Core Platform 22.214.171.12431 with Tanium Console 3.0.72 or later, when you import or update Risk, the Tanium Server automatically imports the latest available versions of any required dependencies that are missing. If some required dependencies are already imported but their versions are earlier than the minimum required for Risk, the server automatically updates those dependencies to the latest available versions.
If you are using Tanium Core Platform 126.96.36.19903 or earlier with Tanium Console 3.0.64 or earlier, you must install or upgrade the following required dependencies in the specified order to the specified minimum versions in the specified order before you install Risk:
- Tanium Platform Services 1.6.8 or later
- Tanium Interact 2.9.83 or later
- Shared Services:
- Tanium System User service 1.0.40 or later
- Tanium RDB Service 1.0.84 or later
- Tanium Blob service 1.0.6 or later
- Tanium API Gateway 1.1.13 or later
- Tanium Reporting service 1.3.12 or later
- Tanium Core Content 1.3.26 or later
- Tanium Core Content SSL/TLS Server Audit sensor 1.3.2 or later
- Tanium Comply 2.10.940 or later
- Tanium Reveal 1.15.185 or later
- Tanium Impact 1.7.62 or later
Because the server does not automatically import or update feature-specific dependencies, you must import or update them manually:
- Tanium Asset 1.17.156 or later (to show asset details for endpoints)
- Tanium Patch 3.6.49 or later (to view related patches on endpoints from the Risk Detail pages)
If you import Risk with custom settings, use the Automatic configuration with default settings option when you install the dependent Tanium solutions to ensure that the solutions are operational.
When you import Risk with automatic configuration, the following default setting is configured:
The following default setting is configured:
To import Risk and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Risk version.
To import Risk without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Risk version.
To configure the Risk action group, see Add computer groups to Risk action group.
For the steps to upgrade Risk, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Risk version.
After you import or upgrade Risk, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Risk to open the Risk Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 12/1/2021 12:11 PM | Feedback