Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
Use the Tanium Solutions page to install Reveal and choose automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Reveal is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For details about the automatic configuration for Reveal, see Import and configure Reveal with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Reveal, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Reveal requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import and configure Reveal with custom settings.
When you import Reveal with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
- The Reveal service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
- The Reveal action group is set to the computer group All Computers.
To import Reveal and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps under Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Reveal version.
To import Reveal without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps under Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Reveal version.
- Create scheduled actions for automatic tools deployment and indexing
- Schedule automatic rules deployment
- Gather stats and results
The service account is a user that runs several background processes for Reveal. This user requires the following roles and access:
- Tanium Administrator or Reveal Service Account role
For more information about Reveal permissions, see User role requirements.
- From the Main menu, click Reveal to open the Reveal Home page.
- Click Settings and open the Service Account tab.
- Update the service account settings and click Save.
The action group defines the set of endpoints to which you are deploying the Reveal packages. By default, the Computer Group Targets setting for the Reveal action group is set to No Computers. You can set the action group to All Computers or any computer groups that you have defined.
- From the Main menu, click Actions > Scheduled Actions.
- In the list of action groups, click Tanium Reveal .
- Click Edit, select computer groups to include in the action group, and click Save.
Upgrade Reveal to the latest version from the Solutions page.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Locate Reveal and click Upgrade to X.X.X.XXXX.
- Click OK.
The Import Solution window opens with a list of all the changes and import options.
- Click Proceed with Import and enter your password.
The installation and configuration process begins.
- To confirm the upgrade, return to the Tanium Solutions page and check the Installed: X.X.X.XXXX version for Reveal.
If the Reveal version does not update, refresh your browser window.
After you import or upgrade Reveal, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Reveal to open the Reveal Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 9/18/2020 1:06 PM | Feedback