You can install Reveal from the Tanium Solutions page.
- Review the release notes.
Tanium Trace is required to use Reveal. Make sure that you have installed Trace. For more information see Installing Trace.
Import Reveal from the Tanium Solutions page.
From the Main Menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Tanium Reveal, click Import.
Tanium Reveal is a licensed solution. If Tanium Reveal is not on the Tanium Solutions page, contact your Technical Account Manager.
In the Content Import Preview window, you can expand the package to review the Tanium content that is being installed. Click Proceed with Import.
- After the installation process completes, refresh your browser.
- From the Main Menu, click Reveal. The Reveal home page is displayed.
To verify that Reveal is installed, go to the Tanium Solutions page and check the installed version. To check the installed version on the Reveal home page, click Info .
Configure service account
The service account is used to create recurring maintenance activities for Reveal.
- From the Reveal home page, click Configure Service Account.
- Enter a user name and password.
- Click Set Credentials.
Configuring the service account installs Reveal tooling on the endpoints and starts the Reveal service. After deploying the tools for the first time, endpoints can take up to four hours to display status.
Configure Reveal action group
The action group defines the set of endpoints to which you are deploying the Reveal packages. By default, the Computer Group Targets setting for the Reveal action group is set to No Computers. You can set the action group to All Computers or any computer groups that you have defined.
From the Main Menu, click Actions > Scheduled Actions.
Click the Reveal action group, then click Edit.
Select the computer group for the group of endpoints that you want to use for Reveal. Click Save.
Upgrade Reveal to the latest version from the Solutions page.
- From the Main Menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Locate Reveal and click Upgrade to X.X.X.XX.
- Click OK.
The Import Solution window opens with a list of all the changes and import options.
- Click Proceed with Import and enter your password.
The installation and configuration process begins.
- To confirm the upgrade, return to the Tanium Solutions page and check the Installed: X.X.X.XX version for Reveal.
If the Reveal version is not updated, refresh your browser window.
See Getting started for more information about using Reveal.
Last updated: 12/3/2018 3:51 PM | Feedback