Tanium™ Reporting is not yet available for on-premises installations of the Tanium™ Core Platform.
You can use the following set of predefined user roles to set up Reporting users.
To review specific permissions for each role, see User role requirements.
On installation, Reporting creates a Reporting user to automatically manage the Reporting service account. Do not delete the Reporting user.
For more information about assigning user roles, see Tanium Core Platform User Guide: Manage role assignments for a user.
Assign the Reporting Operator role to users who manage the configuration of Reporting.
Assign the Reporting User role to users who view and edit reports.
Do not assign the Reporting Service Account and Reporting Service Account - All Content Sets roles to users. Both of these roles are required for the Reporting user only.
Select the computer groups from which you want Reporting to collect data. You can add or remove computer groups at any time.
Reporting uses computer groups to collect data that appears on historical charts, and to set the available computer groups as filter options for dashboards. For information on historical charts, see Data collection for historical charts.
Users must have a role with the Reporting Groups configure permission to view the Data > Configuration page and to add or remove computer groups.
- From the Main menu, go to Data > Configuration.
- Click Select Computer Groups.
- From the Target Computer Groups dialog, select the computer groups from which you want to collect data.
- Only computer groups to which you have role-based access control (RBAC) permissions appear as options.
- You can select up to 50 computer groups.
- To show all computer groups to which you have RBAC permissions, set the Show toggle to All. To filter out the No Computer reserved computer group, set the toggle to Available.
- If there are many computer groups in your environment, use the Filter by Name field to quickly search for computer groups.
- Click Save.
Reporting collects data for any new computer groups that you select with the next collection cycle (within 24 hours). If you remove computer groups, Reporting no longer collects data for endpoints in those computer groups.
By default, Reporting registers the following computer groups:
- All Computers
- All Linux
- All Mac
- All Servers
- All Windows
- All Windows Servers
- All Windows Workstations
- All Workstations
For information about creating and managing groups on the Tanium Core Platform, see Tanium Core Platform User Guide: Managing computer groups.
Last updated: 4/18/2022 2:03 PM | Feedback