If Provision is not performing as expected, you might need to troubleshoot issues or change settings.
The information is saved as a ZIP file that you can download with your browser.
- From the Provision Overview page, click Help .
- Click Download Support Bundle.
A tanium-provision-support-<timestamp>.zip file downloads to the local download directory.
- Contact Tanium Support to determine the best option to send the ZIP file. For more information, see Contact Tanium Support.
Tanium Provision maintains logging information in the provision.log file in the \Program Files\Tanium\Tanium Module Server\services\provision-files\logs directory.
If you have issues during the endpoint provisioning process, you can review the following logs to troubleshoot possible causes.
Linux PXE and ODJ endpoints
macOS PXE and ODJ endpoints
Windows PXE and ODJ endpoints
The C:\_t\logs folder exists only if the imaging process did not complete successfully. After successful OS imaging and installation of the Tanium Client, the logs are copied to <Tanium Client>\Logs and the C:\_t contents are deleted. If the Tanium Client did not successfully install, logs are copied to C:\Windows\temp\logs instead.
PXE Linux environment
When a provisioning endpoint is configured with Intel Rapid Restore Technology (RAID), booting to the USB media does not find the storage drive.
RAID is not supported. Switch the BIOS/firmware to AHCI mode.
When multiple PXE servers exist in the local network, the PXE boot request accepts the response from whichever PXE server responds first. If the PXE boot request does not boot to the Tanium PXE service, it is likely that a different PXE server responded before a Tanium PXE service did.
Check with your network team to determine if any PXE servers are configured in DHCP (scope options 66 and 67).
The provisioning process does not appear to be complete and Other User cannot sign in.
You must use non-OEM product keys, except on Enterprise editions and Windows Server operating systems.
The system is missing the storage drivers.
- Download the Dell Windows PE driver pack CAB file from Dell Technologies: WinPE 10 driver pack.
- Extract the contents of the file into a folder.
- Copy the contents of \winpe\x64\storage\HHN7T_A00-00\F6\NonVMD\f6flpy-x64 (Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver) into the C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\utility\ADKPrep\amd64\drivers folder.
The HHN7T part of the folder name could change if the driver is updated.
- To create a new adk_amd64.zip file in the /Documents folder, run the ADKPrep.ps1 script in an elevated command prompt.
- From the Provision OS Bundles page, update any existing OS bundles to use the new adk_amd64.zip file.
Wait for the status of the OS bundles to change from Updating to Ready.
- When the Dell logo appears in the PXE endpoint, select the F12 key and then select ONBOARD NIC (IPV4).
If you have an invalid or expired license, you can no longer access the Provision workbench or upgrade Provision.
Update your license to restore full functionality for Provision.
To contact Tanium Support for help, sign in to https://support.tanium.com.
Last updated: 6/24/2022 1:17 PM | Feedback