Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Provision for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Provision.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Provision and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Provision is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Provision, see Import Provision with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Provision, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Provision requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Provision with custom settings.
Before you begin
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Provision requirements.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Provision. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Provision solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role or a role that has the Import Signed Content permission.
- To configure the Provision action group, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role, Content Administrator reserved role, or a role that has the Action Group write permission.
Import Provision with default settings
When you import Provision with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured for Provision:
To import Provision and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Provision version.
Import Provision with custom settings
To import Provision without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Provision version.
To configure the Provision action group, see Configure Provision action group.
Manage solution dependencies
When you start the Provision workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Provision are installed at the required versions. The Provision workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Provision, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Provision and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
Perform the following steps if a banner indicates any Provision dependencies are not installed:
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Provision to open the Provision Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade Provision, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Provision version.
Verify Provision version
After you import or upgrade Provision, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Provision to open the Provision Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 5/31/2023 2:11 PM | Feedback