Tanium Console and Interact Overview
The Tanium™ Console is the graphical user interface that you use to manage the Tanium™ Core Platform and use Tanium™ solution modules, including Tanium™ Interact. The Tanium Console is a web application that is installed with the Tanium Server; it does not require separate licensing. You use the Tanium Console to perform the following key tasks:
- Import and use Tanium solutions and content
- Manage sensors, packages, and saved questions
- Manage actions
- Manage role-based access control (RBAC) configurations for users, user groups, roles, computer groups, and content sets.
- Configure global settings that affect Tanium Console, Tanium™ Server, and Tanium™ Client behavior
You use Tanium Interact to issue questions to managed endpoints, analyze their answers, and deploy actions to the endpoints based on the answers. Although it is licensed as part of the Tanium Core Platform, Interact is a Tanium module, so you can update it separately from the Tanium Console and the Tanium Server.
For information on installing the Tanium Core Platform servers, see the guide that matches your platform:
- Tanium Core Platform Deployment Guide for Windows
- Tanium Appliance Deployment Guide
- Tanium IaaS Cloud Solution Deployment Guide for Amazon Web Services
- Tanium IaaS Cloud Solution Deployment Guide for Microsoft Azure
- Tanium Core Platform Deployment Reference Guide (all platforms)
For information on deploying Tanium Client to endpoints, see the Tanium Client Deployment Guide.
For information about installing and using particular Tanium modules, see the module user guides.
This documentation may provide access to or information about content, products (including hardware and software), and services provided by third parties (“Third Party Items”). With respect to such Third Party Items, Tanium Inc. and its affiliates (i) are not responsible for such items, and expressly disclaim all warranties and liability of any kind related to such Third Party Items and (ii) will not be responsible for any loss, costs, or damages incurred due to your access to or use of such Third Party Items unless expressly set forth otherwise in an applicable agreement between you and Tanium.
Further, this documentation does not require or contemplate the use of or combination with Tanium products with any particular Third Party Items and neither Tanium nor its affiliates shall have any responsibility for any infringement of intellectual property rights caused by any such combination. You, and not Tanium, are responsible for determining that any combination of Third Party Items with Tanium products is appropriate and will not cause infringement of any third party intellectual property rights.
Last updated: 7/30/2019 3:03 PM | Feedback