Tanium Console and Interact overview
The Tanium™ Console is the graphical user interface that you use to manage the Tanium™ Core Platform and to access Tanium™ modules (such as Tanium™ Interact) and Tanium™ shared services. The Tanium Console is a web application that is installed with the Tanium Server and does not require separate licensing. You use the Tanium Console to perform the following key tasks:
Import and use UseTanium modules, shared services, and content packs.
- Manage content, including sensors, packages, saved questions, and filter groups.
- Manage actions.
- Manage role-based access control (RBAC) configurations for users, user groups, roles, computer groups, personas, and content sets.
- Configure global settings that affect the behavior of the Tanium Console, Tanium™ Server, Tanium™ Zone Server, Tanium™ Zone Server Hub, and Tanium™ Client.
Use Tanium Interact to issue questions to managed endpoints, analyze their answers, and deploy actions to the endpoints based on the answers. Although it is licensed as part of the Tanium Core Platform, Interact is a Tanium module
For information on
- Tanium Core Platform Deployment Guide for Windows
- Tanium Appliance Deployment Guide
- Tanium as a Service User Guide
- Tanium Core Platform Deployment Reference Guide
(reference information for all platforms)
See the following guides for information on Tanium Clients:
- Tanium Client Management User Guide: Describes how to deploy the Tanium Client to endpoints.
- Tanium Client User Guide: Provides an overview of the Tanium Client and procedures to configure client-to-client peering, prepare the client on OS images, connect to
TaaS Tanium Core Platform servers, upgrade clients, troubleshoot client issues, and use the client CLI.
For information about installing and using particular Tanium products, see the product-specific user guides at https://docs.tanium.com.
This documentation may provide access to or information about content, products (including hardware and software), and services provided by third parties (“Third Party Items”). With respect to such Third Party Items, Tanium Inc. and its affiliates (i) are not responsible for such items, and expressly disclaim all warranties and liability of any kind related to such Third Party Items and (ii) will not be responsible for any loss, costs, or damages incurred due to your access to or use of such Third Party Items unless expressly set forth otherwise in an applicable agreement between you and Tanium.
Further, this documentation does not require or contemplate the use of or combination with Tanium products with any particular Third Party Items and neither Tanium nor its affiliates shall have any responsibility for any infringement of intellectual property rights caused by any such combination. You, and not Tanium, are responsible for determining that any combination of Third Party Items with Tanium products is appropriate and will not cause infringement of any third party intellectual property rights.
Tanium is committed to the highest accessibility standards to make interaction with Tanium software more intuitive and to accelerate the time to success. For more information, see Tanium Product Accessibility.
Last updated: 10/20/2020 8:57 AM | Feedback