If you no longer want to use the Tanium™ platform or you want to clean up completely before reinstalling:
- Uninstall the Tanium component servers: Tanium™ Server, Tanium™ Module Server, Tanium™ Zone Server, Tanium™ Zone Server Hub.
- Remove the Tanium databases from the database server.
- Use the Windows Control Panel Uninstall a program feature to uninstall Tanium server components.
The Windows program invokes the Tanium uninstaller. The Tanium services are stopped and removed. The Windows Registry entries are deleted (except the top entry for Tanium). There are a few more manual steps to completely wipe the installation.
- In the Windows Registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ and delete Tanium.
- In Windows Explorer, go to the Tanium installation location and delete the Tanium directory.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
Log into the database server as a database administrator and delete the tanium and tanium.archive databases.
For information about uninstalling a Tanium solution module, refer to the solution module user guide.
|Solution module||Uninstall link|
|Tanium™ Asset||User Guide|
|Tanium™ Connect||User Guide|
|Tanium™ Detect||User Guide|
|Tanium™ Discover||User Guide|
|Tanium™ Incident Response||N/A|
|Tanium™ Integrity Monitor||TBD|
|Tanium™ Patch||User Guide|
|Tanium™ Protect||User Guide|
|Tanium™ Trace||User Guide|
|Tanium™ Trends||User Guide|
Last updated: 5/22/2018 3:03 PM | Feedback