For instructions on installing and configuring Performance in an on-premises environment, see Installing Performance.
When you import Performance with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured by default:
- The Performance service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
- The Performance action group is set to the computer groups All Windows, All Linux, and All Mac.
- A profile is created with the default event rule configuration that targets All Computers.
- Performance tools and profiles are deployed to targeted endpoints.
By default, the Performance action group is set to the All Windows, All Linux, and All Mac computer groups. You can update the action group if needed.
Include only endpoints with operating systems that are supported by Performance in this action group.
Only endpoints that are members of the Performance action group can be targets of profiles because the necessary tools are distributed exclusively to endpoints in this action group. Metric collection begins when these tools and profiles are installed on an endpoint.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Actions > Scheduled Actions.
- In the list of action groups, click Tanium Performance.
- Click Edit, select computer groups to include in the action group, and click Save.
Tanium Endpoint Configuration delivers configuration information and required tools for Tanium Solutions to endpoints. Endpoint Configuration consolidates the configuration actions that traditionally accompany additional Tanium functionality and eliminates the potential for timing errors that occur between when a solution configuration is made and the time that configuration reaches an endpoint. Managing configuration in this way greatly reduces the time to install, configure, and use Tanium functionality, and improves the flexibility to target specific configurations to groups of endpoints.
Endpoint Configuration is installed as a part of Tanium Client Management. For more information, see the Tanium Client Management User Guide: Installing Client Management.
Additionally you can use Endpoint Configuration to manage configuration approval. For example, configuration changes are not deployed to endpoints until a user with approval permission approves the configuration changes in Endpoint Configuration. For more information about the roles and permissions that are required to approve configuration changes for Performance, see User role requirements.
To use Endpoint Configuration to manage approvals, you must enable configuration approvals.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > Endpoint Configuration to open the Endpoint Configuration Overview page.
- Click Settings and click the Global tab.
- Select Enable configuration approvals, and click Save.
For more information about Endpoint Configuration, see Tanium Endpoint Configuration User Guide.
Last updated: 4/16/2021 1:54 PM | Feedback