Installing Network Quarantine
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Network Quarantine and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Network Quarantine is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Network Quarantine, see Import Network Quarantine with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Network Quarantine, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Network Quarantine requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Network Quarantine with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Network Quarantine requirements.
- To import the Network Quarantine solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role or a role that has the Import Signed Content permission.
- To configure the Network Quarantine action group, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role, Content Administrator reserved role, or a role that has the Write Action Group permission.
When you import Network Quarantine with automatic configuration, the following default setting is configured:
The service account is set to the account that you used to import the shared service.
Configuring a unique service account for each Tanium solution is an extra security measure to consider in consultation with the security team of your organization. See Configure service account.
To import Network Quarantine and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Network Quarantine version.
To import Network Quarantine without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Network Quarantine version.
To configure the service account, see Configure service account.
For the steps to upgrade Network Quarantine, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Network Quarantine version.
After you import or upgrade Network Quarantine, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > Network Quarantine to open the Network Quarantine Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 9/9/2021 3:19 PM | Feedback