Installing Network Quarantine
Use the Tanium Solutions page to install Network Quarantine and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Network Quarantine is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Network Quarantine, see Import and configure Network Quarantine with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Network Quarantine, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Network Quarantine requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import and configure Network Quarantine with custom settings.
When you import Network Quarantine with automatic configuration, the Network Quarantine service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
To import Network Quarantine and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Network Quarantine version.
To import Network Quarantine without automatically configuring default settings, follow the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium content packs. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Network Quarantine version.
The service account is a user that runs several background processes for Network Quarantine. This user requires the following roles and access:
- Network Quarantine Service Account role
- Connect User role, to send notifications with Connect
- Access to the saved questions that are used for the automated rules
For more information about Network Quarantine permissions, see User role requirements.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Services > Network Quarantine to open the Network Quarantine Home page.
- Click Settings and open the Service Account tab.
- Update the service account settings and click Save.
For the steps to upgrade Network Quarantine, see Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Network Quarantine version.
After you import or upgrade Network Quarantine, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Network Quarantine to open the Network Quarantine Home page.
- To display version information, click Info .
See Getting started for more information about using Network Quarantine.
Last updated: 5/22/2020 11:22 AM | Feedback