Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
If you are upgrading from Map 1.x or 2.x, you must perform the following steps to upgrade successfully. Map 3 introduces significant changes to the product functionality, including the user interface and use case focus.
You must complete these steps before running the upgrade process on the Map module.
If you have existing applications and maps, you might want to take screen shots or export data before upgrading. The data that you collect is not importable into Map 3, but the information might be useful to refer to after your upgrade.
Download applications and criteria. From the Defined Applications page, click Download Catalog button. The resulting JSON file contains your applications and their criteria.
Export a CSV file that contains all endpoint and connection data that is used to draw the map. From each individual graphical map, click Export.
Export question data to help you build custom questions with valuable information. From each individual graphical map, click the red icon to View Tanium Question Information.
Map tools are not upgraded when you install Map 3.x. You must uninstall the Map tools from your endpoints before you install Map 3.x.
- Disable the Map scheduled actions by setting the action group to no computers.
- From the Main menu, click Administration > Actions > Action Groups.
- Click the Tanium Map action group.
- In the Computer Groups section, clear the checkboxes for any selected computer groups and choose the No computers computer group.
- Click Save.
- Create a targeting question for the endpoints from which you want to remove Map tools. Because the action to remove tools is specific to the operating system, target Windows, Linux, and Mac systems separately.
Deploy the Map - Remove Tools [Windows|Linux|Mac] action. Make sure the question is re-issued and has sufficient expiration time (such as 2 months).
For the Remove ignored files option:
- Checked: Remove the entire Tools\Map directory, including the Map database and logs.
- Unchecked (default): Removes most Map endpoint files (such as Python-based tools, version file), but leaves the map.db file, application catalog, and logs. Use this option if you might re-install Map at some point in the future or if you do not want to lose historical data.
If you have not installed Map 3 (taking the recommended path): You can delete all legacy actions in the Map action group.
- If you are cleaning up a Map 3 installation that was done without removing tools first, disable the legacy actions. Then, verify your Map 3 installation. If the legacy actions are disabled and Map 3 works as expected, you can delete the legacy actions.
From the Tanium Home page, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
Under Map, click Uninstall. Click Proceed with Uninstall to complete the process.
Uninstall in an active/active environment
Perform the same uninstallation procedure on both of your Tanium Servers.
Go to the Solutions page on both Tanium Servers, so that they are loaded at the same time.
- Click Uninstall on one of the servers and wait for the procedure to complete.
- Click Uninstall on the other server and wait for the procedure to complete.
- The uninstallation process might report an error, even if it completed. Refresh your browsers to verify that the Map solution is no longer listed on the Tanium Home page.
Last updated: 11/18/2021 1:13 PM | Feedback