To collect and send information to Tanium for troubleshooting, collect logs and other relevant information.
You can save a Map troubleshooting package as a compressed ZIP file.
- From the Map home page, click Help , then the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Collect.
- When the status shows as Collected, click Download . A map-support.[timestamp].zip file downloads to the local download directory.
- Attach the ZIP file to your Tanium Support case form or send it to your TAM.
Tanium Map maintains logging information in the Map.log file in the \Program Files\Tanium\Tanium Module Server\services\Map directory.
On the Map home page, scroll to the Health section. Click Interact to view more specific information. Consider contacting your TAM if any of the health status reports display a bad state for more than a day.
By default, the endpoint database maximum size is 1 GB. To change the maximum size, go to the Map home page and click Settings . Update the Max Endpoint Database Size.
You might need to manually start or stop the recorder. The recorder does not restart automatically.
For example, if the database size or CPU usage limits are exceeded, the recorder is automatically stopped. Resolve the underlying issue and restart the recorder. Or, if you find that the recorder is using more system resources than expected, you can stop the recorder and troubleshoot the issue.
- Use a question to target the affected endpoints. For example, ask Get Map - Status contains recorder from all machines.
- Drill down to the specific endpoints.
- To disable the recorder, deploy the Disable Tanium Recorder [Windows-Mac-Linux] package as an action.
- To enable the recorder again, deploy the Enable Tanium Recorder [Windows-Mac-Linux] package as an action.
For more information, see the Tanium Console User Guide: Managing and creating Packages or the Tanium Interact User Guide: Using Deploy Action.
From the map, click Interact to view the results of the question that was used to generate the map. Click Refresh Data to update the data that is showing in the map if necessary.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Map, click Uninstall. Click Proceed with Uninstall to complete the process.
Last updated: 3/19/2019 1:08 PM | Feedback