Tanium as a Service automatically manages the Tanium™ license that enables the entitlements for your deployment. To change the license, consult your Technical Account Manager (TAM).
Managing the Tanium license
The Tanium™ license file (tanium.license) enables the entitlements for your deployment. These entitlements include the license validity period, maximum number of managed endpoints, available Tanium solutions (such as modules), and IP addresses or fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) used to access the Tanium Console. Select Configuration > Tanium Server > Tanium License to open the page that displays the entitlements and other information about the current license. Use the Tanium License page to apply a new license if the current one expires soon or your entitlements change.
- Contact your Tanium Technical Account Manager (TAM) to obtain a new license. You must provide the FQDNs or IP addresses of the physical or virtual devices that host your Tanium Servers.
- Copy the new license to a location that is accessible from the system that you use to access the Tanium Console.
- (Optional) Back up the current license. As a best practice, include the current date in the file name (such as tanium.license_2019-07-30) in case you repeat this procedure at a later date.
- From the Main menu, select Administration > Configuration > Tanium Server > Tanium License.
- Click Upload, select the new license file, click Open, and click Yes.
The Tanium Server automatically activates the new license after a few minutes.
Last updated: 9/15/2020 2:36 PM | Feedback