Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
In Tanium Core Platform 220.127.116.113 or later, use the Tanium Solutions page to install Interact 2.1 or later and choose automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings: Interact is installed with any required dependencies and other selected solutions. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information, see Import and configure Interact with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: Interact is installed without any required dependencies or other solutions. For more information, see Import and configure Interact with custom settings.
In Tanium Core Platform versions earlier than 18.104.22.1683, the Tanium Server automatically imports the Tanium Interact workbench and Interact content set after you install the server and log into the Tanium Console for the first time.
Each module has a workbench, which is the user interface that you use to perform module operations. The installation process for each module writes its workbench configuration to files on the Tanium Server host. In a high availability (HA) deployment, you must import the module on all Tanium Servers in the HA cluster for the workbench to be available in all Tanium Console instances. However, solution content (such as saved questions and packages) is written to the shared database, so it is available to all console instances after you import it on any Tanium Server.
- You must have the Administrator reserved role to import or uninstall solution modules, including Interact.
- Read the Interact Release Notes.
When you import Interact with automatic configuration, the Interact service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
To import Interact with automatic configuration, be sure to select the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify the Interact version.
To import Interact without automatically configuring the Interact service account, be sure to deselect the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed (see Verify the Interact version) and perform the steps under Configure the service account.
Interact 2.1 or later uses a service account, which is a user that periodically collects results for specific sensors so that you can see those results for endpoints that are offline when you issue questions (see Tanium Console User Guide: Manage sensor results collection). By default, this account is the one that you used to perform the task Import and configure Interact with default settings, but you can modify the account anytime. The account has the following requirements:
- Administrator reserved role or Data Collection Service Account role
- Computer management group permissions that are unrestricted or set to All Computers.
- Import Signed Content (micro admin) permission
- Password is set to never expire
To configure the service account:
- From the Main menu, click Interact to open the Interact Home page.
- Click Settings and open the Service Account tab.
- Click Edit, update the service account settings, and click Save.
For more information about Interact permissions, see User role requirements.
After you import or upgrade Interact, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Modules > Interact to open the Interact Home page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 7/7/2020 11:52 AM | Feedback