To collect and send information to Tanium for troubleshooting, collect logs and other relevant information.
The information is saved as a ZIP file that you can download with your browser.
- From the Impact Home page, click Help , then the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Download Support Package.
A impact-support.[timestamp].zip file downloads to the local download directory.
- Contact Tanium Support to determine the best option to send the ZIP file. For more information, see Contact support.
If the domain for an endpoint is not configured in Impact, you might see assets with an [unresolved] state.
- To determine which domains are not configured, mouse over the [unresolved] asset to view the SID (Security Identifier).
The SID issuing authority, also known as the domain SID, is the portion of the SID before the RID (relative identifier, the digits after the last dash).
- In Interact, ask the question Get Impact - Computer Domain SID and AD Domain from all machines with Domain Member contains true and compare the results to the SID shown for the [unresolved] asset.
In the question results, find the SID that is associated with the [unresolved] assets in Impact.
- The AD Domain column of the question results shows the name of the domain for which Impact could not resolve assets.
- Verify the domain is configured in Impact. For more information, see Configure connections to domains
- Verify that the specified account has sufficient permissions. For more information, see Active Directory user account.
- After all domains are configured and permissions are validated, verify that a successful data collection and sync completes. The latest status displays in the Data Collection & Sync section of the Impact Home page.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- In the Impact section, click Uninstall.
- Review the content that will be removed and click Uninstall.
- Depending on your configuration, enter your password or click Yes to start the uninstall process.
- Return to the Tanium Solutions page and verify that the Import button is available for Impact.
To contact Tanium Support for help, send an email to [email protected].
Last updated: 9/16/2020 2:33 PM | Feedback