Perform regular maintenance tasks to ensure that Impact successfully performs scheduled activities on all the targeted endpoints and does not overuse endpoint or network resources. If Impact is not performing as expected, you might need to troubleshoot issues or change settings. See Troubleshooting Impact for related procedures.
Perform monthly maintenance
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Trends > Boards.
- Click the Impact board and review the Impact Coverage Status panel for endpoints with the following status:
To investigate endpoints that need attention, click the Needs Attention bar in the chart and select View Current Endpoint Details filtered by Needs Attention. Tanium CloudThe Tanium Server issues the following question:
- Needs Attention: Python tools that are required for Impact sensors are not installed.
- Unsupported: Impact does not support the operating system.
Get Computer Name and Operating System and IP Address and Impact - Coverage Status equals Needs Attention from all machines with Impact - Coverage Status equals Needs Attention
To investigate endpoints that do not support Impact, click the Unsupported bar in the chart and select View Current Endpoint Details filtered by Unsupported. Tanium CloudThe Tanium Server issues the following question:
Get Computer Name and Operating System and IP Address and Impact - Coverage Status equals Unsupported from all machines with Impact - Coverage Status equals Unsupported
To troubleshoot Impact coverage, see Monitor and troubleshoot Impact Coverage.
Monitor and troubleshoot Impact Coverage
The following table lists contributing factors into why the Impact coverage metric might report endpoints as Needs Attention or Unsupported, and corrective actions you can make.
|Domain is not configured properly
- Impact only includes data from endpoints for which the domain controller can be reached. Ensure that the domain is configured correctly in the Domains configuration in the Impact settings, and that all of your domains are covered and configured correctly.
- In the Domains configuration, verify all domain connections. The verification process includes a network connection test and verifies the provided credentials.
- Make sure the provided account has permissions to read Active Directory information.
|Python tools are not installed
- The Impact sensors are written in Python and require the Tanium Python Tools to be deployed to the endpoints.
- Verify that all endpoints have the latest version of the Tanium Python Tools installed using the following sensor: Get Python - Tools Version from all machines with Operating System contains windows
- Deploy the Distribute Python - Tools [Windows] package to any endpoints that return Windows Package Required.