Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For steps to configure Impact, see Configuring Impact.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Impact and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings: Impact is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Impact, see Import Impact with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Impact, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Impact requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Impact with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Impact requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Impact
- Assign the correct roles to users for Impact. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Impact solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Impact action group, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role, Content Administrator reserved role, or a role that has the Write Action Group permission.
When you import Impact with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default setting is configured:
The service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
Configuring a unique service account for each Tanium solution is an extra security measure to consider in consultation with the security team of your organization. See Configure service account.
To import Impact and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Impact version.
To import Impact without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Impact version.
To configure the service account, see Configure service account.
To configure the Impact action group, see (Optional) Configure the Impact action group.
To configure connections to the Active Directory domains that you want to analyze with Impact, see Configure connections to domains.
To manually collect and analyze data or view the last time that data was collected and analyzed, see Collect and analyze data.
Data is automatically synchronized between endpoints, all configured domains, and Impact every 24 hours.
When you start the Impact workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Impact are installed at the required versions. The Impact workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Impact, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Impact and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
Perform the following steps if a banner indicates any Impact dependencies are not installed:
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Impact to open the Impact Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade Impact, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Impact version.
After you import or upgrade Impact, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Impact to open the Impact Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 6/16/2022 3:35 PM | Feedback