Installing Health Check
Use the Solutions page to install Health Check and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Health Check is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Health Check, see Import Health Check with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Health Check, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Health Check requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Health Check with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Health Check requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Health Check.
When you import Health Check with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
Configuring a unique service account for each Tanium solution is an extra security measure to consider in consultation with the security team of your organization. See Configure service account.
|Health Check settings||
To import Health Check and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Health Check version.
To import Health Check without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Health Check version.
To set the service account, see Configure service account.
To set the collection schedule, see Set the collection schedule.
To set the sharing preferences, see Set the sharing preferences.
To configure other settings, see Configure other settings.
For the steps to upgrade Health Check, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Health Check version.
After you import or upgrade Health Check, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > Health Check to open the Health Check Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 10/26/2022 10:12 AM | Feedback