Managing endpoint tools
View deployed endpoint tools on the Tools page.
- Click Tools from the Endpoint Configuration menu.
- Expand a tool to view the status of that tool across all endpoints.
- (Optional) Click a status category to open question results that contain all endpoints in that category for the tool, or click View question results in Interact to view all endpoints that have the tool installed.
The Tools page displays cached data that is provided by the Tanium Data Service, and this data includes offline endpoints. If you view the question results for a tool, Interact retrieves real-time data from only online endpoints.
Some tools remain installed on an endpoint even after the associated solution no longer targets that endpoint or after the associated solution is no longer installed. Endpoints that have an endpoint tool installed under these conditions are in the Safe to Remove category for that tool.
To remove an endpoint tool from endpoints where it is no longer needed, deploy the appropriate action to those endpoints.
On the Tools page, click the Safe to Remove category.
Beside the tool that you want to remove, click View question results in Interact .
- In the question results, select the rows for installed versions that you want to remove, and click Drill Down.
- Click Create a Question, and ask one of the following questions to target an appropriate group of endpoints.
- Windows endpoints: Get Is Windows equals true from all machines
- Non-Windows endpoints: Get Is Windows equals false from all machines
- Select the row from the drill-down question results, and click Deploy Action.
- For the Deployment Package, select Endpoint Configuration - Uninstall Tool [Windows] or Endpoint Configuration - Uninstall Tool [Non-Windows], depending on the endpoints you are targeting.
For Tool Name, select the name of the tool you are uninstalling.
(Optional) By default, after the tools are removed they cannot be reinstalled. To allow tools to be automatically reinstalled, clear the selection for Block reinstallation.
(Optional) Select Soft uninstall to only remove the tool and preserve databases and logs that might be useful for troubleshooting on the endpoint. To remove all databases and logs for the tool from the endpoints, clear the selection.
(Optional) To remove any tools that were dependencies of the tools you are installing but are not dependencies for other solutions, select Remove unreferenced dependencies.
(Optional) In the Deployment Schedule section, configure a schedule for the action.
If some target endpoints might be offline when you initially deploy the action, select Recurring Deployment and set a reissue interval.
- Click Show preview to continue.
A results grid appears at the bottom of the page showing you the targeted endpoints for the action. If you are satisfied with the results, click Deploy Action.
Last updated: 6/21/2022 3:35 PM | Feedback