You can install Discover from the Tanium Solutions page.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Discover requirements.
- Review upgrade notes if you are upgrading from a previous version of Discover. See Upgrading from previous versions of Discover.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Discover. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Discover solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Discover action group, you must be assigned the Content Administrator reserved role.
Import Discover from the Tanium Solutions page. You must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Tanium Discover, click Import.
Tanium Discover is a licensed solution. If Tanium Discover is not on the Tanium Solutions page, contact your Technical Account Manager (TAM).
- In the Content Import Preview window, you can expand the package to review the Tanium content that is being installed. Click Proceed with Import.
- After the installation process completes, refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Discover. The Discover home page is displayed.
From the Discover Home page, click information . Confirm that the Service Version and Workbench Version are at the same and expected numbers.
The service account is a user that runs several background processes for Discover. This user must have the following roles and access configured:
- Tanium Administrator or Discover Service Account role.
- Access granted to computer groups on which Discover is going to scan.
- (Optional) Connect User role to send Discover event notifications with Tanium Connect.
To update the service account from the Discover Home page, click Settings , and open the Set up service account tab. Update the service account settings and click Save. The service account that is being used is displayed on both the Discover home page and in the service account configuration tab.
For more information about Discover privileges, see Discover requirements.
To run scans, endpoints must have the Discover tools installed. Importing the Discover module automatically creates an action group to target specific endpoints. Select the computer groups to include in the Discover action group. By default, Discover targets No Computers. For the best results, use All Computers.
To configure the action group, you must be assigned the Content Administrator reserved role.
- From the Discover Home page, in the Required Configuration section, click the Configure Action Group step and click Configure Action Group.
- Select the computer groups that you want to include in the action group. If you select multiple computer groups, choose an operand (AND or OR) to combine the groups.
- (Optional) In the All machines currently included in this action group section, review the included endpoints.
These results might take a few moments to populate.
- Click Save.
(Optional) Configure the import frequency. This setting determines how often the results from running discovery methods are imported to the Interfaces pages.
From the Discover Home page, click Settings and go to the Global Settings tab. Edit the Import Frequency setting.
See Getting started for more information about configuring scanners and managing interfaces.
Last updated: 10/15/2019 1:57 PM | Feedback