Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Discover for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Discover.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Discover and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 and later only): Discover is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Discover, see Import Discover with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Discover, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Discover requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Discover with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Discover requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Discover, see Upgrading from previous versions of Discover.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Discover. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Discover solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Discover action group, you must be assigned the Content Administrator reserved role or a role that has the Write Action Group permission.
When you import Discover with the Tanium Recommended Installation workflow, the following default settings are configured:
The Discover service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
Configuring a unique service account for each Tanium solution is an extra security measure to consider in consultation with the security team of your organization. See Configure service account.
|Level 2 ping distributed profile||This profile is created and deployed to all Tanium Clients. For more information about this type of profile, see Level 2 (ping).|
To import Discover and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Discover version.
To import Discover without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Discover version.
To configure the service account, see Configure service account.
To configure the Discover action group, see Configure Discover action group.
To configure the import frequency, see Configure import frequency.
When you start the Discover workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Discover are installed at the required versions. The Discover workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Discover, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Discover and did not import all its dependencies, the Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
Perform the following steps if a banner indicates any Discover dependencies are not installed:
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Discover to open the Discover Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade the Discover solution, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, see Upgrading from previous versions of Discover to complete any required migration steps. To verify the version, see Verify Discover version.
After you import or upgrade Discover, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Discover to open the Discover Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 5/17/2022 9:10 AM | Feedback