This documentation includes content for releases that might not be available on-premises. For the latest on-premises Discover documentation, see the PDF version of Tanium™ Discover User Guide version 4.7.160.
Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Discover for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Discover.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Discover and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 and later only): Discover is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Discover, see Import Discover with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Discover, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Discover requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Discover with custom settings.
Before you begin
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Discover requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Discover, see Upgrading Discover.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Discover. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Discover solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Discover action group, you must be assigned the Content Administrator reserved role or a role that has the Write Action Group permission.
Import Discover with default settings
When you import Discover with the Tanium Recommended Installation workflow, the following default settings are configured:
|Level 2 ping distributed profile||This profile is created and deployed to all Tanium Clients. For more information about this type of profile, see Level 2 (ping).|
To import Discover and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Discover version.
Import Discover with custom settings
To import Discover without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Discover version.
To configure the Discover action group, see Configuring Discover.
To configure the import frequency, see Configure import frequency.
Manage solution dependencies
Other Tanium solutions are required for Discover to function (required dependencies) or for specific Discover features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade the Discover solution, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, see Upgrading Discover to complete any required migration steps. To verify the version, see Verify Discover version.
Verify Discover version
After you import or upgrade Discover, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Discover to open the Discover Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 5/31/2023 3:43 PM | Feedback