Troubleshooting Direct Connect
To collect and send information to Tanium for troubleshooting, collect logs and other relevant information.
The information is saved as a ZIP file that you can download with your browser.
- From the Direct Connect Home page, click Help , then the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Collect. When the status shows that the package is complete, click the Download link.
- A ZIP file downloads to the local download directory.
- Attach the ZIP file to your Tanium Support case form or send it to your TAM.
If you are unable to establish an endpoint connection, check the status of the Deploy Direct Connect - Open Session - operating system - session ID action from the Action History page.
If the action ran, but was not successful, check the <Tanium Client>/Logs/extensions0.txt log on the endpoint. Make sure that the endpoint can connect to the Module Server using the Fully Qualified Domain Name and Port that you configured on the Endpoint Connection tab in the Direct Connect settings.
If the action did not run on the endpoint, make sure that the endpoint is a member of the Direct Connect action group and has the latest tools installed.
The statuses of the Deploy Direct Connect - Tools and Deploy Direct Connect - Configure Extension saved actions might also provide useful troubleshooting information.
If you need to uninstall Direct Connect, first clean up the Direct Connect artifacts on endpoints and then uninstall Direct Connect from the server.
Direct Connect is a shared service that is used by several Tanium solutions. If Direct Connect is in use by another Tanium solution, uninstalling Direct Connect or removing the tools from endpoints could have unintended consequences. Consult your TAM to determine whether uninstalling Direct Connect is advisable in your environment.
Remove Direct Connect content and tools from endpoints
Each operating system has its own remove action. Therefore, you must select a group of endpoints for cleanup that has the same operating system.
- From the Main menu, click Interact.
- Ask a question to target the endpoints from which you want to remove Direct Connect content and tools. For example, Get Direct Connect - Tools Version from all machines.
- Select the row for the endpoints from which you want to remove the Direct Connect tools (either Windows Package Installed, Mac Package Installed or Linux Package Installed).
- Click Deploy Action.
- On the Deploy Action page, enter Direct Connect - Remove in the Enter package name here field.
- Select the Direct Connect - Remove Tools [operating system] action, where operating system matches the operating system of the endpoints that you selected.
- Click Show preview to continue.
- A results grid displays at the bottom of the page showing you the targeted endpoints for your action. If you are satisfied with the results, click Deploy Action.
Remove the Direct Connect solution from the Tanium Module Server
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- In the Tanium Content section, select the Direct Connect row.
- Click Uninstall Solution. Click Uninstall to complete the process.
Last updated: 11/27/2019 2:48 PM | Feedback