Configuring Direct Connect
For instructions on installing and configuring Direct Connect in an on-premises environment, see Installing Direct Connect.
Configure the Direct Connect action group
By default, the Direct Connect action group is set to the All Computers computer group. If needed, you can update the action group.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Actions > Scheduled Actions.
- In the list of action groups, click Tanium Direct Connect.
- Select the computer group for the group of endpoints that you want to use for Direct Connect . Click Save.
Tanium Endpoint Configuration delivers configuration information and required tools for Tanium Solutions to endpoints. Endpoint Configuration consolidates the configuration actions that traditionally accompany additional Tanium functionality and eliminates the potential for timing errors that occur between when a solution configuration is made and the time that configuration reaches an endpoint. Managing configuration in this way greatly reduces the time to install, configure, and use Tanium functionality, and improves the flexibility to target specific configurations to groups of endpoints.
Endpoint Configuration is installed as a part of Tanium Client Management. For more information, see the Tanium Client Management User Guide: Installing Client Management.
Additionally you can use Endpoint Configuration to manage configuration approval. For example, configuration changes are not deployed to endpoints until a user with approval permission approves the configuration changes in Endpoint Configuration. For more information about the roles and permissions that are required to approve configuration changes for Direct Connect , see User role requirements.
To use Endpoint Configuration to manage approvals, you must enable configuration approvals.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > Endpoint Configuration to open the Endpoint Configuration Overview page.
- Click Settings and click the Global tab.
- Select Enable configuration approvals, and click Save.
For more information about Endpoint Configuration, see Tanium Endpoint Configuration User Guide.
Last updated: 10/28/2020 9:22 PM | Feedback