Renew an Apple MDM Push Certificate
Apple MDM Push Certificates, also referred to as APNs certificates, are valid for one year. You must renew the certificate each year using the same Apple ID that you used to create it. If you do not renew your certificate and instead request a new certificate, Mac Device Enrollment loses the ability to communicate with enrolled devices, and all devices must be re-enrolled.
The Apple Push Certificates Portal provides options to renew or to request a new certificate. You must select the option to renew your existing certificate. Otherwise, all users are required to re-enroll their devices.
Make sure you have the credentials for the same Apple ID that you used when you obtained the original Apple MDM push certificate.
- From the Main menu, click Shared Services > Mac Device Enrollment.
- From the Mac Device Enrollment menu, click Configuration.
- For Apple MDM Push Certificate, click Configure .
- Click Download Certificate Signing Request to download a certificate signing request file. You upload this certificate to the Apple Push Certificates Portal to request an Apple MDM Push Certificate.
- Click Create Apple MDM Push Certificate to go to the Apple Push Certificates Portal and request your MDM Push Certificate. Sign in to the Apple Push Certificates Portal with the same Apple ID you used to obtain the original certificate.
Remember to select the option to renew your certificate.
- In the Apple ID field, enter the Apple ID that you used to request the MDM Push Certificate from Apple.
- Upload the new Apple MDM Push Certificate file that you receive from Apple and click Save.
Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., and registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
Last updated: 9/25/2023 8:59 AM | Feedback