Tanium as a Service automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
Use the Tanium Solutions page to install Deploy and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Deploy is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Deploy, see Import and configure Deploy with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings After installing Deploy, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Deploy requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import and configure Deploy with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Deploy.
When you import Deploy with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
- The Deploy service account is set to the account that you used to import the module.
- Computer groups that Deploy requires are imported.
- The Deploy action group is set to the All Computers computer group.
- For action locked machines, only applicability scanning is enabled, so that deployments cannot run on action locked machines.
- An Always On maintenance window is created, and enforced against the All Computers computer group.
- The following deployment templates are created:
- [Standard Deployment] - default
- [Deployment with Reboot]
- [Deployment with Pre-Notification]
To import Deploy and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Deploy version.
To import Deploy without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Deploy version.
To configure the service account, see Configure service account.
To organize computer groups, see Organize computer groups.
To configure the Deploy action group, see Add computer groups to Deploy action group.
When you start the Deploy workbench for the first time, the Tanium console ensures that all of the required dependencies for Deploy are installed at the required version. You must install all required Tanium dependencies before the Deploy workbench can load. A banner appears if one or more Tanium dependencies are not installed in the environment. The Tanium Console lists the required Tanium dependencies and the required versions.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
- Select the required solutions, click Import Selected, and then click Begin Import. When the import is complete, you are returned to the Tanium Solutions page.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Deploy to open the Deploy Overview page after you import all of the required Tanium dependencies.
After you import or upgrade Deploy, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Deploy to open the Deploy Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 3/3/2021 10:23 PM | Feedback