Installing Tanium Criticality
Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Criticality for Tanium Cloud, see Configuring Criticality.
Use the Tanium Console Solutions page to install Criticality and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Criticality is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Criticality, see Import Criticality with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Criticality, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Criticality requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Criticality with custom settings.
Before you begin
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Criticality requirements.
- Assign the correct roles to users for Criticality. Review the User role requirements.
- To import the Criticality solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
Import Criticality with default settings
When you import Criticality with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured:
|Group rules||Default Critical Active Directory Groups|
To import Criticality and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Criticality version.
Import Criticality with custom settings
To import Criticality without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Criticality version.
If you import with custom settings, the default criticality rules are not created.
Manage solution dependencies
Other Tanium solutions are required for Criticality to function (required dependencies) or for specific Criticality features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
Verify Criticality version
After you import or upgrade Criticality, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Shared Services > Criticality.
- To display version information, click Info .
If you experience issues with installing Criticality, see Troubleshooting Criticality.
Last updated: 5/31/2023 4:12 PM | Feedback