Installing Tanium Connect
You can install Connect from the Tanium Solutions page.
- Review Connect requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Connect.
- You must be assigned the Administrator reserved role to import the Tanium Connect solution.
Import Connect from the Tanium Solutions page.
From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Tanium Connect, click Import Version.
Tanium Connect is a licensed solution. If Tanium Connect is not on the Tanium Solutions page, contact your Technical Account Manager.
In the Content Import Preview window, you can expand the package to review the Tanium content that is being installed. Click Proceed with Import.
- After the installation process completes, refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Connect. The Connect home page is displayed.
You can optionally configure the following settings for Connect:
Connection Run Log Expiration
Number of days before connection run logs are removed
Connect Service Log Level
Log level for the Connect service logs
Default Workbench Timezone
Time zone that is used by default by the Connect workbench
Allow Connections to Internal IPs
Allow anyone to run connections to IP addresses on an internal network. For more information, see Test connections.
Allow connections to run simultaneously. For more information, see Test connections.
Maximum memory for the node process to run connections, specified in GB.
Before you upgrade Connect, you must back up your <Tanium Module Server>\services\connect-files\config\connect.db file in case you need to revert to a previous version of Connect. The support bundle is the easiest way to obtain a backup of the Connect database. For more information, see Collect logs.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- In the Connect section, click Upgrade to <version>.
- Verify the list of API requests and click Proceed with Import.
- To confirm the upgrade, return to the Tanium Solutions page and check the Installed version for Connect. If the new version is not displayed, try refreshing the Tanium Solutions page.
If you experience problems with installing Connect, see Troubleshooting.
Last updated: 7/17/2019 1:56 PM | Feedback