This documentation includes content for releases that might not be available on-premises. For the latest on-premises Comply documentation, see the PDF version of Tanium™ Comply User Guide version 2.18.390.
Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
For information about configuring Comply for Tanium™ Cloud, see Configuring Comply.
Use the Solutions page to install Comply and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Comply is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For details about the automatic configuration for Comply, see Import Comply with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Comply, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Comply requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Comply with custom settings.
Use the Tanium Recommended Installation option.
Before you begin
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Comply requirements.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrade Comply.
Import Comply with default settings
When you import Comply with automatic configuration, the following default settings are configured:
The following default settings are configured:
Comply tools and the Tanium Scan Engine (powered by JovalCM) are deployed to endpoints.
The default configuration does the following:
Scans begin to run after the installation completes.
Deployments begin immediately after solution installation. The Distribute over setting for the deployments is set to three minutes. After the three minute distribution window completes, reports will run. The Distribute over setting for reports is also three minutes.
To import Comply and configure default settings, be sure to select the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations option while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Comply version.
Import Comply with custom settings
To import Comply without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or upgrade to the latest versions of specific modules. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Comply version.
Reports and statistics on the Comply Home page might not be updated immediately with current results since this data is updated every 10 minutes.
To configure the Comply action group, see Configure the Comply action group.
Manage solution dependencies
Other Tanium solutions are required for Comply to function (required dependencies) or for specific Comply features to work (feature-specific dependencies). See Solution dependencies.
For the steps to upgrade Comply, see Tanium Console User Guide: Manage Tanium modules. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed: see Verify Comply version.
For information on upgrade issues you may experience, see the Troubleshooting section.
Verify Comply version
After you import or upgrade Comply, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Modules > Comply to open the Comply Overview page.
- To display version information, click Info .
Last updated: 5/30/2023 11:39 AM | Feedback