Managing the CMP
Use the Cloud Management Portal (CMP) to monitor activity, subscribe to email notifications, and manage passwords.
View administration information
You can view Tanium instance details, entitlement details, and identity provider settings in the Tanium Cloud Management Portal (CMP). You can delete or edit an existing setting, or add a new configuration. Warnings or errors are also displayed in the Administration page.
View module installation activity
You can access the Activity Timeline, which shows a historical view of all the modules that were installed or upgraded in your Tanium Cloud instance. If you encounter an issue with a module, you can see if the issue is related to a recent upgrade. You can also see what modules are scheduled for installation.
- From the CMP menu, go to Environment > Environment Status to view the module installation activity.
- To view documentation for a specific module, click View Details.
View event history
You can access the Event History page, which shows CMP user activity.
- From the CMP menu, go to Environment > Event History to view the Event History page.
- Use the filter controls to limit which events appear. Filter options are cumulative. Filter options include:
- Event: Select a type of event to limit the entries that appear.
- Resource: Enter a value to show events whose Resource contains the text.
- User: Enter a value to show events whose User contains the text.
- From / To: Select a starting and ending date to show only events that occurred on and between the dates.
- Expand any entry to view additional details for the event.
- (Optional) To download the event history as a CSV file, click Export .
Subscribe to email notifications
You can sign up for email notifications that notify you when the following events occur:
- A module license is about to expire
- A module installation is scheduled
- A module installation completes
- A SCIM token is about to expire
- Identity provider metadata file is about to expire
To sign up for email notifications:
- From the CMP menu, go to Environment > Environment Status.
- Click Subscribe (or Subscribed) and then follow the prompts to sign up for email notifications.
By default, the primary administrative email account is automatically signed up for email notifications.
Reset CMP password
You can reset your CMP password if the password expires, you forgot the password, or you want to change the password for any other reason.
By default, passwords expire every 60 days.
- From the CMP access link, click Sign in with a local user and then click Reset Password.
- Enter your email address and click Reset Password.
- Check your email for the verification code, enter it, and click Confirm.
- Check your email again for the one-time temporary password and sign in with it.
- Create a new password and click Next.
After you change your password, the CMP signs you out of all sessions within five minutes. Use your new password to sign in.
If you enter the verification code or temporary password incorrectly five times within the last 24 hours, your account is locked. Reset CMP password again to restart the process. Additionally, you cannot request to reset your password more than five times within the last 24 hours. In this case, you must wait to Reset CMP password again.
Change primary administrator account
To change your designated primary administrator email address, contact Tanium Support.
For more troubleshooting information, see Tanium Console User Guide: Troubleshooting.
Last updated: 3/28/2023 8:22 AM | Feedback