Installing Client Management
Tanium Cloud automatically handles module installations and upgrades.
Use the Solutions page to install Client Management and choose either automatic or manual configuration:
- Automatic configuration with default settings (Tanium Core Platform 7.4.2 or later only): Client Management is installed with any required dependencies and other selected products. After installation, the Tanium Server automatically configures the recommended default settings. This option is the best practice for most deployments. For more information about the automatic configuration for Client Management, see Import Client Management with default settings.
- Manual configuration with custom settings: After installing Client Management, you must manually configure required settings. Select this option only if Client Management requires settings that differ from the recommended default settings. For more information, see Import Client Management with custom settings.
- Read the release notes.
- Review the Tanium Client and Client Management requirements.
Assign the correct roles to users for Client Management. Review the User role requirements for Client Management.
- To import the Client Management solution, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role.
- To configure the Client Management action group, you must be assigned the Administrator reserved role, Content Administrator reserved role, or a role that has the Action Group write permission.
When you import Client Management with automatic configuration, the following default setting is configured:
To import Client Management and configure default settings, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import all modules and services. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed. See Verify Client Management version.
To import Client Management without automatically configuring default settings, be sure to clear the Apply All Tanium recommended configurations check box while performing the steps in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the import, verify that the correct version is installed. See Verify Client Management version.
To configure the Client Management action group, see Configure the Client Management action group.
When you start the Client Management workbench for the first time, the Tanium Server checks whether all the Tanium modules and shared services (solutions) that are required for Client Management are installed at the required versions. The Client Management workbench cannot load unless all required dependencies are installed. If you selected Tanium Recommended Installation when you imported Client Management, the Tanium Server automatically imported all your licensed solutions at the same time. Otherwise, if you manually imported Client Management and did not import all its dependencies, Tanium Console displays a banner that lists the dependencies and the required versions. See Solution dependencies.
- Install the dependencies as described in Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions.
- From the Main menu, go to Shared Services > Client Management to open the Client Management Overview page and verify that the Console no longer displays a banner to list missing dependencies.
After you import or upgrade Client Management, verify that the correct version is installed:
- Refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, go to Shared Services > Client Management.
- To display version information, click Info .
For the steps to upgrade Client Management, see Tanium Console User Guide: Import, re-import, or update specific solutions. After the upgrade, verify that the correct version is installed. See Verify Client Management version.
Last updated: 9/20/2023 1:46 PM | Feedback