Deploying the Tanium Client to AIX endpoints
The Tanium™ Client is installed as a system service. The Tanium Client files are installed by default in the /opt/Tanium/TaniumClient directory.
The installation process does not modify any host-based firewall that might be in use. Your network security team must ensure host and network firewalls are configured to allow inbound/outbound TCP traffic on port 17472.
You can use the Tanium CDT to download the latest client package file.
- Open the Tanium CDT and select Client > Check for Updates to download the latest set of installers.
- Go to the <install>\Tanium Client Deployment Tool\clients folder and copy the TaniumClient.6.0.314.1437-AIX6.1-powerpc.pkg file to a temporary location.
- Log into the target computer.
- Copy the package to a temporary location on the target computer.
- Execute the following command to install the package and generate a default configuration file:
sudo installp -agqXYd ./TaniumClient.6.0.314.1437-AIX6.1-powerpc.pkg TaniumClient
- Go to /opt/Tanium/TaniumClient/ and edit the TaniumClient.ini file. Make the following changes.
- 0: Disable logging. Recommended for clients installed to sensitive endpoints or VDI endpoints.
- 1: Recommended logging level during normal operation.
- 41: Recommended logging during troubleshooting.
- >= 91: Enable the most detailed log levels for short periods of time only.
- Copy the tanium.pub file from the Tanium Server installation directory to /opt/Tanium/TaniumClient.
- Start the TaniumClient daemon:
|ServerName||Tanium Server FQDN or IP address.|
|Resolver||The default hostname resolver for Tanium is getent. AIX generally does not have the getent command, add the Resolver=nslookup setting.|
The following is an example TaniumClient.ini file:
See Troubleshooting for a description of common settings.
On AIX, the Tanium Client is controlled by the legacy rc.d start/stop scripts. You can not use the startsrc command to control the Tanium Client.
installp -u TaniumClient
Last updated: 2/20/2018 4:13 PM | Feedback