Use views to create filtered versions of Asset data for exporting to destinations, including Tanium Connect, ServiceNow, and Flexera. You can specify attributes to include in the data set and use filters to limit the computers that are included in the view.
You can include fewer attributes than the default view, depending on the use of your view.
Specify view details
- From the Asset menu, click Views. Click Create View.
- Give your view a name and description to help you remember the purpose of the view later. The view name must be unique among all views in Asset, including views created by other users.
In the Select Columns from Asset Tables section, select the data that you want to include in your view. You can search for the column that you want to use, or expand and collapse the data categories to find which columns you want to include.
(Optional) Add filters to limit the computers that are included in the view. You can create filters for Asset Details, Asset Installed Applications, Asset Logical Disk, Asset Network Adapter, Asset Physical Disk, Asset Windows Installer Applications, or any custom reference attributes that you have added to Asset. The available filters correspond to the data categories for the selected columns.
Click + Add to create a filter rule that is at the same level as the selected rule. When you create the rule, you can choose the attribute and whether the filter applies AND or OR operators with the other filters at that level. Click Save . To create nested groups of filters, click +(Group).Click Expand to view a JSON representation of the rule, which can be helpful to evaluate complex filtering.
- To save a rule, click Save .
- To edit a filter rule, click Edit .
- To discard changes to a rule you are editing, click Cancel .
- To delete a filter rule, click Delete .
By default, computers are in the view even if the fields in the filter do not have associated values. If you want to require that results are returned for the fields in the filter for a row be included in the view, select Should be filtered out of the view for the filter.
- If you use a Size data type in your report (such as the Total Disk Space or Free Space fields), the values are converted with a base of 1024. For example, 450,000 MB is converted to 439 GB.
- If you use a Date data type in your report (such as the Created Date field), you can filter on dates or calendar dates. For example, if you enter a filter for created in the last "10 Days", the origin date and time are calculated from the exact current date and time. If you enter a filter created in the last "10 Calendar Days", the origin date and time is always 12:00 AM on the specified number of days back from the current date. You can preview the date range when you save the rule.
Finish and test the view
- To save the view, click Create.
- Test the view. On the Views page, hover over a view and click Test View , which runs the view for a single asset. The resulting message states whether the view can run successfully, or contains errors such as pending attributes.
To see what data is in a view, you must create a destination.
Export data from a view to Connect destinations such as Email, File, HTTP, Socket Receiver, Splunk, and SQL Server. See Tanium Connect for more information about configuring connections, and the recommended formatting options to use for each connect destination type.
When you configure Tanium integration with ServiceNow, a reserved view is created. This view contains default fields and filters for integration with ServiceNow.
These reserved views are read-only. If you want to customize the fields or filters, click Create Copy. Edit and rename the view. You might want to create a new view to limit the computers that are included in the ServiceNow export.
For more information, see ServiceNow CMDB.
When you configure a Flexera destination, views are automatically created, and connections that use the views are created within Tanium Connect for exporting data to your Flexera staging database.
For more information, see Flexera FlexNet Manager Suite.
Last updated: 3/31/2020 11:36 AM | Feedback