You can install Asset from the Tanium Solutions page.
Import Asset from the Tanium Solutions page.
From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Tanium Asset, click Import.
Tanium Asset is a licensed solution. If Tanium Asset is not on the Tanium Solutions page, contact your Technical Account Manager.
In the Content Import Preview window, you can expand the package to review the Tanium content that is being installed. Enable Include content set overwrite and click Proceed with Import and click Proceed with Import. For more information, see Tanium Core Platform User Guide: Align content for modules.
- After the installation process completes, refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Asset. The Asset Home page is displayed.
To verify that Asset is installed, go to the Tanium Solutions page and check the installed version. To check the installed version on the Asset Home page, click Info .
Configure the service account to background processes. The user for the service account must have the Tanium Administrator role. From the Asset Home page, click Settings , and open the Service Account tab. Update the service account settings and click Save.
(Optional) Asset includes file evidence content with sensors that are specific to Flexera. To collect Asset data for Flexera, this content must be deployed to the endpoints.
For more information about Flexera integration, see Flexera FlexNet Manager Suite.
- From the Asset Home page, click Settings , and open the Scheduled Actions tab.
- Click Create Scheduled Actions. The Tanium Asset action group and associated actions to deploy tools and distribute configurations are created.
- Click Edit Scheduled Actions to configure the computer group on which you want to deploy Asset packages.
- Click the Tanium Asset action group, then click Edit.
- Update the action group to include a computer group that has the computers you want to include in your Asset data.
(Optional) To gather user data from Windows endpoints, including Full Name, Email, Phone, Department, and Location, install the Active Directory Query solution and create a scheduled action for the Collect Active Directory Info package.
For Mac and Linux endpoints, you do not need to deploy any actions to get this information.
- Install the Active Directory Query solution.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- In the Tanium Content section, select the Active Directory Query row and click Import Solution.
- Review the list of packages and sensors and click Proceed with Import.
Run the Collect Active Directory Info package on your endpoints with a scheduled action. For more information, see Tanium Core Platform User Guide: Managing Scheduled Actions.
Use the Is Windows sensor to target Windows endpoints.
Deploy the Collect Active Directory Info package to your endpoints. Configure a saved action as a scheduled action. Set Distribute Over to 1 hour, and set Reissue Every to 3 hours.
The action gets recent sign ins and the primary user of each system. A primary user has the most interactive sign ins the past 30 days. You can access this information with the Primary User Details sensor, or by adding the User Name column to a report.
In addition to the Asset user roles that control access to Asset reports and settings as a whole, you can define more detailed permissions on individual Asset attributes. For example, you can create permissions that assign a user group permission to access information about Windows or Mac platform assets only. If a user belongs to multiple user groups, the permissions for all the user groups are combined with an OR operator.
Before you begin, you must have a user group to which you want to assign the Asset permissions. See Tanium Core Platform User Guide: Managing user groups. For the users in this user group to access Asset, they also must have an Asset user role assigned. See User role requirements.
- From the Asset Home page, click Settings . Click the Permissions tab.
- Click Create Permissions.
- Select the user group from the list that you want to assign.
- Add a Condition. This list of attributes is from the ci_item table of the Asset database.
For example, to assign the user group permission to view Windows assets only, set to OS Platform contains Windows.
- Click Save to create each condition.
- Click Create.
Upgrade Asset to the latest version from the Solutions page.
- From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Locate Asset and click Upgrade to X.X.X.XX.
- Click OK.
The Import Solution window opens with a list of all the changes and import options.
- Click Proceed with Import and enter your password.
The Tanium Asset installation and configuration process begins.
- To confirm the upgrade, return to the Tanium Solutions page and check the Installed: X.X.X.XX version for Asset.
If the Asset version is not updated, refresh your browser window.
See Getting started for more information about using Asset.
Last updated: 12/17/2019 1:59 PM | Feedback