You can install Asset from the Tanium Solutions page.
Import Asset from the Tanium Solutions page.
From the main menu , click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Tanium Asset, click Import.
Tanium Asset is a licensed solution. If Tanium Asset is not on the Tanium Solutions page, contact your Technical Account Manager.
In the Content Import Preview window, you can expand the package to review the Tanium content that is being installed. Click Proceed with Import.
- After the installation process completes, refresh your browser.
- From the main menu, click Asset. The Asset home page is displayed.
Update the Asset service to use a Windows administrator user. By default, the Asset service runs as Local System. In your Tanium Module Server machine, open the Services panel. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Right click the Tanium Asset service, and select Properties. In the Log On tab, specify the user with Administrator credentials that you want to use to run the service. Stop and restart the service to complete the update.
To verify that Asset is installed, go to the Tanium Solutions page and check the installed version.
Configure Asset service credentials and import schedule.
- From the Asset home page, click Settings .
- Configure the service account. The service account runs background processes. You must use an Administrator or Content Administrator user name and password. You can also disable and change the log level settings for the Asset import process.
- Configure the asset data import schedule. The data import schedule determines how often asset data is saved from the Tanium live data into the asset database. This database provides data for offline assets. You can create a standard interval or a Cron schedule. For example, you might create one of the following intervals based on your environment size:
- Less than 50,000 devices: every 1-2 hours
- Less than 250,000 devices: every 4 hours
- Greater than 500,00 devices: consult your TAM to configure the import schedule
For more information about the Cron syntax, see Reference: Cron syntax. Click Save to update the schedule.
- Click Save.
See Getting started for more information about using Asset.
Last updated: 3/20/2018 2:00 PM | Feedback