You can install Asset from the Tanium Solutions page.
Import Asset from the Tanium Solutions page.
From the Main menu, click Tanium Solutions.
- Under Tanium Asset, click Import.
Tanium Asset is a licensed solution. If Tanium Asset is not on the Tanium Solutions page, contact your Technical Account Manager.
- Initiate the import.
- For platform version 6.5 and 7.0, click Proceed with Import.
- For platform version 7.1.314.3071 and later, enable Include content set overwrite and click Proceed with Import.
For more information, see Tanium Core Platform User Guide: Align content for modules.
- After the installation process completes, refresh your browser.
- From the Main menu, click Asset. The Asset home page is displayed.
To verify that Asset is installed, go to the Tanium Solutions page and check the installed version. To check the installed version on the Asset home page, click Info .
If you are using Tanium Server 7.0, you can use a Content Administrator user for the service account.
If you are using Tanium Server 7.1 or later, you must use an Administrator user for the service account.
(Windows) Modify Asset service account
Update the Asset service to use a Windows administrator user. By default, the Asset service runs as Local System.
- In your Tanium Module Server machine, open the Services panel. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Right click the Tanium Asset service, and select Properties.
- In the Log On tab, specify the user with Administrator credentials that you want to use to run the service.
- Stop and restart the service to complete the update.
Configure Asset service account and import process
Configure the service account and Asset import process in Asset. The service account runs background processes.
- From the Asset menu, go to Inventory Management > Sources.
- For the Tanium source, click Edit .
- Add the user name and password for the service account. You can also disable and change the log level settings for the Asset import process.
- Configure the asset data import schedule. The data import schedule determines how often asset data is imported from the Tanium live data into the asset database. This database provides data for offline assets. You can create a standard interval or a Cron schedule. For example, you might create one of the following intervals based on your environment size:
- Less than 50,000 devices: every 1-2 hours
- Less than 250,000 devices: every 4 hours
- Greater than 500,00 devices: consult your TAM to configure the import schedule
For more information about the Cron syntax, see Reference: Cron syntax.
(Optional) To gather user data from Windows endpoints, including Full Name, Email, Phone, Department, and Location, enable the Asset Deploy Collect Active Directory Info scheduled action.
- From the Asset home page, click Settings .In the Advanced Settings tab, click Create Scheduled Actions.
- From the Main menu, go to Actions > Scheduled Actions.
- Edit the Tanium Asset action group to include the computer group for which you want to collect this information. By default, the Computer Group Targets setting is set to No Computers. After you select a computer group, Asset further targets this group to include Windows systems only.
- The Asset Deploy Collect Active Directory Info action is listed in the action group. You can configure this action to run the collection routine every few hours.
The Asset Deploy Collect Active Directory Info action gets recent sign ins and the primary user of each system. A primary user has the most interactive sign ins the past 30 days. For Mac and Linux endpoints, you do not need to deploy any actions to get this information.
See Getting started for more information about using Asset.
Last updated: 8/14/2018 3:36 PM | Feedback