Installing Tanium Server
The Tanium™ Server role installation creates the Tanium Server and database server, SSL certificates, SSH keys, and Tanium Server configuration database.
- Basic network, host, and user settings are configured. See Completing the initial setup (hardware appliances).
- Network firewall rules allow Tanium processes to communicate as expected. See Network connectivity and firewall.
- Log into the Tanium Server appliance as a user with the tanadmin role.
- Enter 1 to go to the Tanium Installation menu.
- Enter 2 to install the Tanium Server.
- When prompted, specify a password for the initial Tanium Console admin user (tanium).
You specify the Tanium Console admin user (tanium) and password when you complete the Module Server registration with the Tanium Server and when you log into the Tanium Console for the first time. Make sure you specify a password that you will be able to recall.
- When prompted, specify the Tanium platform version you want to install.
- Enter YES to continue with the installation.
The installation is completed in about 30 seconds.
Installation of the Tanium Server automatically sets up TLS for Tanium Client to Tanium Server connections. One setting is set implicitly to a non-disruptive value by default:
- RequireIncomingEncryption is set to 0 (TLS not required)
To change the default values, go to the Tanium Operations menu and use the Configuration Settings menu to change the values. See Change a Tanium server configuration
- Download the Tanium Server public key file so you can include it in Tanium Client installation packages.
- Installing Tanium Module Server.
Last updated: 9/11/2019 4:02 PM | Feedback