Installing Tanium Server
The Tanium™ Server role installation creates the Tanium Server and database server, SSL certificates, SSH keys, and Tanium Server configuration database.
- Basic network, host, and user settings are configured. See Configuring network, host, and user settings.
- Network firewall rules allow Tanium processes to communicate as expected. See Network connectivity and firewall.
- Log into the Tanium Server appliance as the user tanadmin.
- Enter 1 to go to the Tanium Installation menu.
- Enter 2 to install the Tanium Server.
- When prompted, specify a password for the initial Tanium Console user (tanium).
- When prompted, specify the Tanium platform version you want to install.
- Enter YES to continue with the installation.
The installation is completed in about 30 seconds.
- Download the Tanium Server public key file so you can include it in Tanium Client installation packages.
- Installing Tanium Module Server.
Last updated: 3/13/2018 8:55 PM | Feedback