Installing a Tanium All-in-One role
In an All-in-One deployment, the Tanium™ Server, the Tanium™ Module Server, and a database server reside on the same Tanium Appliance. All-in-One deployments are supported only for proof-of-concept (POC) demonstrations.
The All-in-One role installation creates the necessary component servers, SSL certificates, SSH keys, and configuration databases.
- Basic network, host, and user settings are configured. See Completing the initial setup (hardware appliances).
- Network firewall rules allow Tanium processes to communicate as expected. See Network connectivity and firewall.
- Log in as the user tanadmin.
- Enter 1 to go to the Tanium Installation menu.
- Enter 1 to initiate an All-in-One installation.
- When prompted, specify a password for the initial Tanium Console user (tanium).
- When prompted, specify the Tanium platform version you want to install.
- Enter YES to continue with the installation.
The installation is completed in about 30 seconds.
- Download the Tanium Server public key file so you can include it in Tanium Client installation packages.
- Verifying the deployment.
Last updated: 4/19/2019 11:23 AM | Feedback