Installing the license file
You install the Tanium™ license file on the appliance that hosts the Tanium Server.
Install the license file before you log into the Tanium™ Console for the first time so that Tanium™ Interact is installed automatically during the Tanium Console launch.
- Your management computer must have an SFTP client such as WinSCP to copy files to and from the appliance.
- You must generate a public/private key pair to use with the tancopy user and upload the public key to the Tanium Server Appliance as described in Configure user access.
- On your management computer, set up an SFTP client such as WinSCP to connect to the Tanium Server appliance:
- Specify tancopy for user name.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Under SSH, browse and select the private key that pairs with the public key uploaded to the appliance in Configure user access.
- Use SFTP to copy your license file (tanium.license) to the /incoming directory on the appliance.
- Log into the Tanium Server appliance as the user tanadmin.
- Enter 2 to go to the Tanium Operations menu.
- Enter 4 and then follow the prompts to install the license.
Last updated: 7/16/2018 12:43 PM | Feedback