Troubleshooting API Gateway
If API Gateway is not performing as expected, you might need to troubleshoot issues.
The information is saved as a ZIP file that you can download with your browser.
- From the API Gateway Overview page, click Help , then the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Download Support Package.
A tanium-api-gateway-support-[timestamp].zip file downloads to the local download directory.
- Contact Tanium Support to determine the best option to send the ZIP file. For more information, see Contact Tanium Support.
Tanium API Gateway maintains logging information in the gateway-service.log file in the \Program Files\Tanium\Tanium Module Server\services\gateway-files\logs\ directory.
- The API Gateway service redirects queries and mutations to other Tanium solutions. If API Gateway returns unexpected results or errors, make sure that all prerequisites are installed at the minimum recommended version. For information, see API Gateway requirements.
- If all queries and mutations return a 502 Gateway Timeout error, make sure the Tanium System User service and the Tanium API Gateway service are running on the Tanium Module Server.
- If you recently installed API Gateway or the System User service, restart the Tanium Module Server.
- Queries and mutations that use the eid element require Interact 2.9 or later.
If you need to uninstall API Gateway, perform the following steps.
To uninstall API Gateway from Tanium as a Service, Contact Tanium Support.
Consult with Tanium Support before you uninstall or reinstall API Gateway.
- Sign in to the Tanium Console as a user with the Administrator role.
- From the Main menu, go to Administration > Configuration > Solutions.
- In the Content section, select the API Gateway row and click Uninstall.
- Review the summary and click Yes to proceed with the uninstallation.
- When prompted to confirm, enter your password.
The uninstall does not remove the API Gateway log from the Tanium Module Server. To remove the log after the uninstall completes, manually delete the \Program Files\Tanium\Tanium Module Server\services\gateway-files\ directory.
To contact Tanium Support for help, sign in to https://support.tanium.com.
Last updated: 11/30/2021 5:43 PM | Feedback